Full time job + youtube

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi everyone! Anyone else out there keeping their YouTube channel plus a full time job?

I do it and would love to hear the thinkings of whoever else does it out there!
It is more having a full time job and doing YouTube as a hobby for me, but yes. I have a full time job and do YouTube on the side as a hobby. It doesn't come close to sustaining itself, so as all hobbies do, they cost money! I used to do weekly content, but I was getting burned out. Especially after the downturn of 2016 it just wasn't worth it for me to keep my upload schedule up.

datguyonYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I assume everybody on this site either has a job and do youtube as a hobby or are too young to have a job.
pretty sure nobody here is living from youtube yet.

Fox Beat

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I'm working on my own farm, I growth "Gurami" fish my self and I also working as a youtuber. I upload 1 video / day for my music channel and 1 video / week for my How-to tech channel.... :)

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I work full time and still manage to upload daily. I have up to 2 weeks worth scheduled ready to drop whilst i am at work.

Reactions: Idec Sdawkminn

Noobzilla

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I work 50 hours a week (10 hour days Mon-Fri) but find a way to put out at least one video a day. My editing is nonexistent compared to most channels though so I know other people's mileage may vary

TimberwolfMKIII

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah I work a full time job typically Monday through Friday. During the weekend and some week nights I like to create my backlog of footage that I edit and schedule to upload. That way if one week is worse than another with work, I still have footage that will come out daily. It definitely helps a lot. This past week for instance was super busy for me at work and I did not have as much time to record. Thankfully I prepared myself last week by recording extra footage.

nad

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I assume everybody on this site either has a job and do youtube as a hobby or are too young to have a job.
pretty sure nobody here is living from youtube yet.
No, there are a few full time youtuber here. @babyteeth4 for example.

I'm student + part time job. Always depends on the time of the year how much time I can spend on making videos. There are weeks were I can fully concentrate on making videos, but there are also weeks were I don#t have a single minute time for it.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have a 40-hour a week, Mon-Fri job that is salary. I provide for my wife and 2 kids. In March, before the revenue drop, I made just about 1/2 of my full-time job's money from YouTube. This month it is more like 1/4. I still have videos going up 7 days a week.
I work full time and still manage to upload daily. I have up to 2 weeks worth scheduled ready to drop whilst i am at work.
Nice! Scheduling videos seems to be a rare thing. I have videos scheduled out to June 5 and that's after slacking off for a few months.

Reactions: EVO

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi everyone! Anyone else out there keeping their YouTube channel plus a full time job?

I do it and would love to hear the thinkings of whoever else does it out there!
I admire your time management skills! I can't imagine working full time and doing Yt. Unless I clone another me, or get one of time machine DeLoreans to make an extra 8 hours every day.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I also have a full-time job + other fun things like orchestra and I started taking cello lessons last year lol. This site also takes quite a bit of time! ^^ All of those things eat up my time like crazy! I don't post very often anymore... But it's still fun to make videos! : D