Do you unsub?

Do you unsubscribe

• Yes, I like to keep things clean. (even though its not a big deal)

Votes: 28 75.7%
  • No, I'm not a hoarder... I'm not, really!!

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters
Great question. I remember at one point being subscribed to 350+ channels and then like the OP, I came across the manage subscription button. I got it down to like 60. Looking now I have 98. The realism is there are a handful of channels I watch each week.

Main reasons i'd unsubscribe from a channel now are:

- The creator changing and seeming fake in their videos. (InfiniteWaters)
- Uploading loads of videos and my subscription box being crowded by them (If i'm not THAT interested)
- Their content starts to drift towards mainstream stuff everybody else is doing to try and get subs.

Same with me and Cyriak.

I certainly unsubscribe to things. I only subscribe when I want to be notified when they upload a new video. I check my subscriptions feed every day to see the newest videos from them. I've had my channel for 9 years and I'm currently subscribed to 28 channels.

• A Little Bit of Personality because I'm a member of their forum and am friends with everyone involved.
  • Bad Lip Reading because their videos are hilarious.
  • BPRFilmz is my brother's channel, but he rarely uploads anything.
  • brusspup always has some cool trick or optical illusion.
  • CinemaSins is one of my favorite channels.
  • CinemaSins Jeremy only for his "Dear Hollywood" videos. If it wasn't for those, I'd unsubscribe.
  • cyriak because of course.
  • Don't Hug Me .I'm Scared so I can see when they put out a new version.
  • FinalCutKing because he has some really cool videos.
  • gazorra because his Star Trek: TNG edits are really funny.
  • GeminiLaser because he is one of my favorite Let's Players, even though he only does Mega Man games.
  • guitar n keys is my friend's channel, though he rarely uploads.
  • Kurzgesagt – In a Nutshell has some really cool science explanation videos and I always get excited whenever they post a new one.
  • MagicOfRahat has some really cool and funny magic trick pranks, though they have gone downhill lately.
  • Matt Reed is my other brother, and he uploads even less often.
  • Music Video Sins only because sometimes he sins a music video that I've seen before and I'd like to see it when he does.
  • Numberphile usually has some cool and interesting mathematician videos.
  • ohayokonnichiwa is my sister and she pretty much never uploads.
  • Oleg Berg does these cool videos where he changes songs from major key into minor key and vice versa. They are neat to listen to.
  • RobotUnderdog2 for their live action Dragonball Z videos, even though they've only done one episode so far.
  • Rooster Teeth ONLY for new RWBY episodes. I really can't stand seeing all their other videos in my subscription feed. If Michael was still doing Rage Quit, I like watching those, too.
  • ScrewAttack! ONLY for their Death Battle series. Otherwise, I feel the same about them as Rooster Teeth.
  • Smooth McGroove I recently found and he does some cool acapella video game songs.
  • Squeal Cat because he puts out something I'd like to watch once in a while. And I did a collaboration with him.
  • The Bible Reloaded so I can catch up on bible stories while having a laugh at the same time.
  • WebNations for insane tool-assisted speedruns of games.
  • ZackScott for if he ever uploads any more of his Giant X Spider videos. Those are great!
We are subbed to a few of the same channels... Brusspup, Cyriak, MagicOfRahat, Squeelcat... 3 of those channels are just bizarre which is why I anticipate their videos. I think I'm going to scrub my sub list now, looking at your reasoning made me think "why am I subscribed to these people?" If I have no answer I'm wiping them off my list!

I generally only subscribe if I'm really enjoying that channels content and If I've stopped watching I'll unsubscribe. I know it's not a good feeling seeing someone unsub but you'll be doing them a favour. I'd rather lose subs than have dead ones.

And I must be pretty picky as I'm only subscribed to 29 channels! :p

I try to keep my subscription list current, because I'll often miss new videos posted, and if I have to scroll through a huge list of channels with no content, I get frustrated. I like to keep the people I want to watch at top-of-mind.

I unsub pretty often. Like channel makes great videos and then starts playing something I dont enjoy, so I simply leave :)

I unsub as my interests change, but it doesn't happen very often as I don't sub often in the first place. I only sub if I find content where I really genuinely want to see everything they do in the future.

I have unsubscribed to some people I didn't really watch. In a way, I ''cleaned up'' my sub box, because I end up not watching most of the videos anyway. People grow out of certain YouTubers I think, like for example, I got a lot of questions about why I was still subscribed to ''Smosh'' xD But still there is the factor about ''Oh, but they had a few good videos, maybe they'll make something better in the future''. Guess the point is, I'm very sentimental about unsubbing ;D

If I've fallen off being into someone's content, or they haven't updated in 2+ months, ill unsub. I also just unsubbed someone due to annoying practices. As in, she commented on a disney vlog video of mine, saying she loved my video and she uploads disney vids too. So i checked it out and i actually liked her channel so i subbed. But then a month later, she commented with the SAME COMMENT, copied and pasted, on a later video of mine, which made me realize she was just copying and pasting this ish on prob multiple channels. It p****d me off...so i unsubbed. #sorrynotsorry

One day my kids got hold of the Ipad and subbed me to a heap of kids channels.

I sat down to unsub them and also cleaned out some dead channels while I was at it.

I do follow accounts that are dead though for the occasional video. If I like all there content and sometimes go back I use the sub as a book mark.

Agree that if I follow a channel that drastically changes its style, I will unsub them if it is a persistent change and they dont offer what I like.

Back