Do you unsub?

Do you unsubscribe

• Yes, I like to keep things clean. (even though its not a big deal)

Votes: 28 75.7%
  • No, I'm not a hoarder... I'm not, really!!

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters

Miketastic

The Journeystickman
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
It never came to my mind until a recent youtuber (whom I was subscribed too at that time) made a complete ***hole of himself online, causing me to change that subbed button into an unsubbed to that scum. Then it hit me, Its been so long for me to unsubscribe to someone who I completely lost interest. I soon discovered the Manage Subscriptions tab, seeing who I was subscribed too, and out come loads of youtubers whom I've haven't seen some of their videos in years!
Before:

I decided to clean my subscription feed, and doing that went through a bit of memory lane, some were too good to not be unsubbed and some had been inactive longer than a year. So yeah here it is now!
After:

Personally its like finding old toys in the attic and knowing your either a grownup and refuse to play with them (in this case, lost of interest) or they're broken (inactive), and I have no choice but to throw them away (unsub). I did had some good time watching these old youtubers and their videos but... but.. umm... IDK just think of it as the Toy Story 3 ending.

Should you unsub to old youtubers, even though they're buried from other active channels you watch on a daily basis? ...did I made myself look like a d*ck from unsubbing a lot youtubers?

Last edited:
Reactions: Vicboss

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It never came to my mind until a recent youtuber (whom I was subscribed too at that time) made a complete ***hole of himself online, causing me to change that subbed button into an unsubbed to that scum. Then it hit me, Its been so long for me to unsubscribe to someone who I completely lost interest to and. I soon discovered the subscription tab seeing who I was subscribed too, and out come loads of youtubers whom I've haven't seen some of their videos in years!
Before:

I decided to clean my subscription feed, and doing that went through a bit of memory lane, some were too good to not be unsubbed and some had been inactive longer than a year. So yeah here it is now!
After:

This also gave me a thought, if it wasn't for all those inactive accounts does that mean the subscription numbers means absolutely nothing? Lets say you have 1million subscribers (like most gamers have, not including the big ones, but like gizzy14gazza, Jinx, Bashur etc.) as their numbers are increasing, they still get like 10k-50k views every recent video.. hmmm. also should you unsubscribe like what I did.

Personally its like finding old toys in the attic and knowing your either a grownup and refuse to play with them (in this case, lost of interest) or they're broken (inactive), and I have no choice but to throw them away (unsub). I did had some good time watching some these youtubers and their videos but if they moved away from youtube its best for me to forget about them, right.. or did I made myself look like a d*ck showing me unsubbed a bunch of youtubers?
I like your old toy metaphor... I unsub to a lot of channels. Inactive channels, channels that just got annoying, or channels that suddenly post millions of views and crowd my sub list are some of the reasons I unsub. I am still subscribed to channels like Dave Firth and Cyriak because they post few and far between videos, but I'm never disappointed and they are two of my favorite channels. It makes my day when I see a new upload by them.

touchyfiber

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i recently had to unsub due to the fact that the youtuber i was subbed to was #1 uploading fake content and calling them his real life blogs #2 lieing to his fans and #3 got 2 mill subs because of his lies and deceit so after he ignored my repeated attempts to call him out on his lies i left him in favor of thoes who do upload good content worth watching

Vicboss

The Man who sold the world
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i mean i use to think about cleaning up my feed..but i realized alot of people don't really upload anymore so i just didn't bother..which is a good thing because your old toy in the attic metaphor has come true on more then a few occasions haha

Selim Keles

Nap King
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
i dont because i dont sub to alot of channels only the ones i really watch

TuzoAnime

I ❤ yttalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I sub and unsub from people all the time. So I don't mind if people unsub from my channel it's part of the game.

SerjEpic

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I am subed to about 100 channels and I watch a lot of them and if I don't watch I unsubscribed. I do this very often.

Kendra

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I actually never really unsubscribe, but I just looked at my subscription list, and there's so many people who's channel I really don't even watch anymore. I should probably go through and clean it out a bit!

Reactions: BecomeAPrime