Dislikes

Dislikes have the same exact effect as likes, they count as interaction on your channel. I know a YouTuber who gets more dislikes than likes and she’s got over a million subscribers and thousands and even millions of views on some of her videos, it didn’t effect her channel in a negative way despite all the hate comments and dislikes.

I don't think a dislike will effect if people watch your video or not. Personally, I don't even notice the like to dislike ratio when I'm watching videos. You don't need to be too worried unless a video gets mass disliked.

As others have mentioned, as far as Youtube is concerned, likes and dislikes both help promote your video within the algorithm. Ever since those clickbaity "DO NOT CLICK ON THIS VIDEO" followed by "DISLIKE THIS VIDEO"? I've seen a few with like 5k dislikes and less than a 100 likes. I guess the algorithm sees that as a "controversial" video to promote.

But don't worry about it. All of us, even those that have millions of subscribers get dislikes. Be ready for it. Whereas right now a couple of dislikes might seem discouraging, say your channel grows a lot in a year, you reach 50k subscribers, and you average 5k views per video. Now you are facing potentially anywhere from 50 to a 100 dislikes (just an example). Those with millions of subscribers face thousands of dislikes. Why those people dislike the video, we would all love to know. So don't let that discourage you, it's a normal thing and I also felt that way when I started getting my first dislikes.

4 months later, and my stats are at:
2651 likes
166 dislikes

You can expect a similar ratio.

i got my first dislike a few days ago, but as a lot of these people here have stated it doesn't affect you're channel overall, many videos with a large dislike amount still do just fine for example every other "drama" video

Just keep your head up. It's very hard, if not impossible to impress everyone. Don't take it to heart unless you find yourself flooded with dislikes. That may be a sign that you are doing something wrong. Good luck with your channel!

It depends on controversial video, you might get lot of dislikes but their views will be counted, People might turn away by looking at dislike ratio. But if your content is worthy, people will definitely watch!

Hey there,

I got a dislike on my video today. I accept that were all going to encounter our first dislike, its just inevitable! But what I'm concerned about is whether that will effect people watching my videos and what not?

Just wondered if anyone knew what the consequences of receiving dislikes is on a video.

Thanks a lot!

QP
i remember the first time i got a dislike, i started questioning myself like what have i done wrong and things of that nature then i realized, there are kids trolling on the internet and does things like that just for the fun of it, so now i have gotten a few dislikes, it really doesn't bother me, my likes extremely outweighs my dislikes. and besides the YouTube just wants interaction on your videos, i don't think it cares if it is a like or dislike

some people just like to dislike things and leave mean comments...overall, we have high likes and very few dislikes

the most dislikes we had was on a Parody of Jake Paul's "It's Everyday bro" where we intentionally rap TERRIBLE on purpose to make fun of Jake Paul. Last I checked we had 480 likes / 480 dislikes lol the Jake Paulers HATED it but other people saw the comedy in it/the intention. it was hilarious to us

Dislike? I think we can not satisfy everyone, so if we have a video like and do not like it it can, but if too many do not like it new problem, because your video will not get a good advertisement, because good ads take into account also this factor, the more like it will be the better ad you get

Back