This works for me around 95% of the time meaning I don't miss out on the first few most profitable days of a video.

If you've got a yellow icon, go to the mobile app, edit your scheduled video and download the thumbnail. The thumbnail filename should be a date, not the original filename you uploaded. Don't change it back!

Log into your account on your mobile browser, make sure you have 'show desktop version' of the site, and then find the video and edit it in creator studio. Re-upload the thumbnail with the new filename from your mobile device. Give it a few minutes and your video should now have the green icon.

Like I said, for scheduled videos that get yellow icons straight way this works more than 95% of the time, so they are green for launch. Interested to see if it works for anyone else!

I just click the “requst review” button and i get the green icon within a few hours, 100% of the time..
Which is good because for the last 2 months, 100% of my videos have been erroneously flagged.
It seems Google’s “artificial intelligence” system is more like an ‘artificially retarded” system.

It seems to be that youtube has fixed the demonetization. I mean it does get demonetized but after that it turns green monetization. Is it improving or something?

Nope..
100% of my videos have been erroneously flagged in the last 2 months or so and ONLY after requesting a manual review, 100% have been re-monetized.. meaning that Youtube has gotten it wrong 100% of the time in the last two months..
Thank goodness for the human review..

iv had some get de monetized lately and all have been re-monetized fairly quickly after requesting a review and I'm a small channel. ill normally notice in the evening that a recent upload has been de-monetized I request a review and when I get up the next morning its normally green again.

My recent videos have gone yellow after the first 6 hours or so but then go back to green the next day. I dont request review and it sorts itself out.

I uploaded a video on the 21st and another one on the 23rd of december. Both got demonetized in like 12 hours after uploading. But both got remonetized again in a day (after requesting a review).

If you didn't know, I only upload instrumental music, so my content is obviously advertiser-friendly. However the bot clearly isn't smart enough to get that. Both videos include words that COULD be deemed not "advertiser friendly" I guess. The words are: "dragon", "fight", "dramatic" and maybe "fight or flight".
And maybe the thumbnails too. One is of a dragon, the other is of a guy with a sword. Both are just paintings btw lol. But you see just how sensitive this youtube bot actually is! And it doesn't understand context.

Now, my latest video is just a beautiful picture (an illustration actually) of a couple kissing by the water. There are no "bad" words anywhere. Not in the title, description, or the tags. I uploaded it a couple of days ago, and it has not been demonetized!

So, to be on the safe side, you may want to avoid using ANY "bad" words. Even if a demonetized video may get remonetized later(but that's a risk). Thank god my content usually is very advertiser-friendly. I just need to think about what keywords and thumbnails I use :).

Attachments

• videos123.PNG
    videos123.PNG
    84.9 KB · Views: 1
I have uploaded 3 times in the past week and all 3 got the yellow within a day. Then I request review and they go back to green in about 12 hours or so. The third upload I did was a scheduled video (scheduled for Saturday Jan 6). It was yellow yesterday and now it's back to green. This might be a solution to those who have lost the revenue from a new upload due to getting the "not suitable" icon unless of course it goes to yellow again after going public. Has anyone tested this? I will know the outcome for me after this coming weekend, but was curious if anyone else did this.

OK, so I just noticed something really strange. I was uploading a video with "battle" in the title. And before it had even been completely processed it turned yellow. I was not that surprised, honestly. But then when it was finished(like a minute later), it was green again! What the heck? I assume the bot saw the word "battle" and freaked out. But for some reason it quickly changed its mind again lol.

EDIT It took 2 days now it's yellow. I requested review and I'm pretty sure it will be green again in a day, but we'll see.

Last edited:
Back