Hot Topic Demonetization / "under review" (**DISCUSSION HERE ONLY**)

coliwob

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Obviously, I am not dependant on my little channel for a living or anything so really this is no big deal, but what the hell. A video about flatbread? No swearing, nothing that could possibly be construed as sexual or violent etc

What a load of...

Best of all, I can't even get it reviewed until it reaches 1000 views, so I now have to look at this p**s yellow stain on my channels sea of green monetized videos, probably forever because even if I get big this video will probably never reach that threshold.

Honestly, I thought I was going to be immune to all this simply because I was making videos about an innocuous subject and was fairly polite.

Unless I am missing something?

Sigh

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Partially because I'm immature; the word "easy" can be considered sexual xD Jokes aside the system is still learning.

The system is still learning so it will take more time. I've had videos that I do swear in cop the yellow $ and then all of a sudden a few hours later it was green, the next day it was yellow, then the day after it was green. I don't think they're pushing to target specifically anything that's just swearing and stuff, they're looking for something specific & they need to teach the AI to understand that, like a child in a way. So the constant reports they're getting are being adjusted. This is all covered on the Creator Insider channel too.

coliwob

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Yeah, @WolfWraith, just wish I could tell the AI that this particular decision was a bit off. Hopefully, like you say, it comes back to being green again, there are a lot of fractions of a cent at stake here after all.

The BBQ Chef

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@coliwob Just click the review button anyway. Often that sends it back to green in a few hours

coliwob

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other

@The BBQ Chef it says that I need to wait till I have a thousand views, but I pressed the button anyways. Worst that can happen is they just ignore it. I guess.[DOUBLEPOST=1512919165,1512914503][/DOUBLEPOST]@The BBQ Chef thats it back to green

God, I can't imagine the stress for youtubers that are in the process of quitting their jobs to do this full time. I recking I lost 2 pence.

Attachments

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This whole debacle seems to have got worse lately (for me). I had a couple of videos gonged out when the algorithms/clean up first got started way back, and then no issues until the last two videos I put up a few days apart.

What gets me is that they are just workshop technical videos same as the rest, but these didn't pass the suitability test.

A review fixed the issue on the first, and the second has just been requested for review.

The whole situation beats me. I can't see what it's picking up on.

Makes no logical sense.

NikoGame

NikoGotGame
Reaction score
so yesterday i uploaded a video and i noticed I.T took off instantly. I was ranked #2 and #3 in some of my key words. Then i decided to ad adds to my video because I.T gained traffic very quick, when i did that my search ranking instantly dropped to the bottom. Why did this happen? IT got yellow marked and it’s been reviewed, even though there’s little to none cursing and does not violate any rules. Youtube also said the yellow mark doesn’t limit search results, but I.T did to me. Wtf?[DOUBLEPOST=1513172745,1513172065][/DOUBLEPOST]Edit: my video went from yellow to green in terms of being ad friendly. Do u think my video will revert back to its original rankings?

Forbesman

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
So it has finally came my turn to share my story...

I have joined YTTalk back in April and was following actively every post and comment from @KiddieToysReview.

However my content was different, there was no kids involved, only Play doh and surprise eggs.

I have spent Over 6300 EUR on Adwords without any Black Hat marketing tricks. channel grew to around 1950 subs and 600k total views.

Each of our video was created by us only (me and my wife)

We have been hit by the algo's on the first wave - around 50% of our videos became not suitable for all advertisers - so we have appealed for a manual review.

A week ago I have checked my channel and found that that out entire channel has been demonetized. Of course I wrote an email to Youtube.

After receiving 2 replies from Youtube rep I never felt so disrespectfully treated in my life...

They state that I have duplicated some other persons content and they refuse to provide any sort of evidence .... Even after I have uploaded pictures from my harddrive and Premier Pro that all of the videos were created by me with our watermark on it ...

1st reply from them:

Thank you for contacting YouTube Creator Support and I hope that this message finds you well. I understand the importance in having your monetization enabled to your channel and I'm glad that you've reached out to us.

Upon checking, monetization on your channel has been disabled because we’ve determined that your channel does not comply with YouTube’s YouTube Partner Program terms. As a result, your channel will lose access to all monetization tools and features associated with the YouTube Partner Program.

Your channel is out of compliance due to duplication. In most cases, you can’t reupload someone else's content unless you get permission first. Remember: It's not enough to credit the content owner or state that "no copyright infringement is intended." Learn more about copyright and fair use.

Here are some types of content that are subject to copyright:

Audiovisual works like TV shows and movies

Sound recordings and musical compositions

Visual and written works, including paintings, posters, articles and books

Dramatic works such as plays and musicals

You'll be eligible reapply in 30 days. You can visit Creator Studio for more information about your status, including what you should do before you reapply for monetization.

Best,

Richard

Google YouTube Team

Google Inc.| YouTube Team|

UNQUOTE

2nd reply after I have stated that I own and have created all of the content

Thank you for your response.

I understand your frustration and I respect your opinion. However, I'm sorry to say that we are unable to re-enable your monetization and you just need to apply again after 30 days.

Again, I'm sorry that I am unable to help you in getting your channel monetize.

Best wishes,

Richard

Google YouTube Team

Google Inc.| YouTube Team|

UNQUOTE

Last edited by a moderator:

Shamsu sani salisu

Reaction score
Please can anyone help me my channel montization disabled and when i try to enable it it shows 505 internal error
A highly trained monkey........ please help me guys it now about 35 hours

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
I had a run of about 6 or 7 videos demonetised as soon as they hit 1000 views. I appealed all of them, and the icon went back to green on all of them within 24 hours of the appeal. The last two videos I have posted have not been demonetised.

Has anybody else seen an improvement in the amount of videos demonetised? I'm hoping that either the algorithm is improving or it has just decided to leave me alone.