Hot Topic Demonetization / "under review" (**DISCUSSION HERE ONLY**)

Alexander Hoff

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Yep! It finally happened to me too. Not even my channel is safe. And all I upload is instrumental music.
Is this some kind of sick joke? Nope... I guess not.

And I need at least 1000 views per week (on this one video) do be able to do anything about it. Which I obviously don't get (my channel is really small).

Thanks YouTube!

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You shall read the explanation from YouTube engineer on reddit regarding the situation about demonetization of videos by not friendly for some advertisers. The AI processes all videos and if it can't determine that a video is advertisers' friendly, it marks it as not advertiser friendly, so YouTube stays on the safe side. It doesn't mean that your video is wrong or non-advertiser friendly. It means the machine can't figure out. Apply for manual review and wait until the icon goes green again.

Alexander Hoff

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
You shall read the explanation from YouTube engineer on reddit regarding the situation about demonetization of videos by not friendly for some advertisers. The AI processes all videos and if it can't determine that a video is advertisers' friendly, it marks it as not advertiser friendly, so YouTube stays on the safe side. It doesn't mean that your video is wrong or non-advertiser friendly. It means the machine can't figure out. Apply for manual review and wait until the icon goes green again.
I can't because my channel is too small.

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I can't because my channel is too small.
My gaming channel is small as well (only 324 subscribers as of now) and 44K views, and I appealed tens of demonetized videos and all they are monetized now. If you manage to appeal in a very short period, after the demonetization, the monetized status restores usually within a day.

I made many Soko-Ban solutions (very old PC game with awful CGA graphics) and most of the videos were demonetized. They are monetized now, after I appealed.

Edit: BTW your video is monetized now.

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
The "advertiser friendly" system is absolutely broken. I have a video that is literally just an audio spectrum test that I uploaded for an instrumental song, and that's apparently not "advertiser friendly".
Luckily all my non advert friendly videos are ones that are unlisted, and the ones that I had that were public are now fixed and fine, thankfully.
I already make such little money from my videos, considering how small my channel is, but this system only makes things much, much worse

Reactions: Alexander Hoff

Alexander Hoff

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
It's still yellow. Even though I'm seeing ads on it. I know it doesn't completely stop ads from being displayed, but it looks completely normal to me. Does anyone actually even know what the yellow icon means? How many ads are left? Do you get like 1% or something? I have no idea.

Don't know what the heck is going on. I tried to appeal, but they basically just said "sorry, need more views bro" (obviously not exactly lol).

EDIT It's green again!!!

Last edited:

LostTrigger

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have a small gaming channel so it doesnt effect me that but i dont know why im getting demonetized? i dont curse that much, maybe one or 2 a video. i said damn in one video and just showed gameplay for the games i was talking about and it got demonetized. i then did i pubg video, no cursing, no sexual remarks, just talking about the game over pubg gameplay, no tags or words in the description that talk about killing or anything and it got demonetized. i dont know what the problem is anymore

i have older videos playing with some friends where curse words and slurs drop every few seconds and none of them have been demonetized. im actually lost on wtf the problem is.

Last edited:

Sam Lyon

Reaction score
I used to get flagged for saying the word "niche"

Ive since changed my pronunciation from "nich" to "neesh" and i've been fine lol

Demonetization is a funny thing!

Smartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was wondering if this ever happen to anybody.
I have a video that was blowing up in numbers, then it got demonetized. few weeks later it got age restricted. After that, it stayed like that for months. The ball stopped rolling in numbers. I didn't even do anything, just accepted it, and all of a sudden its back to monetization, and now its blowing up again. Why?! I just don't get that.

angietalksalot

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Every video I upload lately gets zapped with the yellow demonetization symbol BEFORE it is even finished uploading! My channel is clean, tags, descriptions and everything. I may use an occasional swear like SH!T or B!*CH but that is far and few between and I have seen large YouTubers remain monetized when they use those words in videos as well. I ALWAYS make an appeal and they always resolve it within a day or 2, but it sucks because I miss out on that small bit of revenue (not that it's a lot, but still).