Hot Topic Demonetization / "under review" (**DISCUSSION HERE ONLY**)

Scotty Byrd

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Honestly i hate google adsense i use affiliate links cause honestly google is always trying to get out of paying which is disgraceful!!

GrillinRandy

Reaction score
Every video lately has gone through this not suitable stuff. I always click on appeal and a day or 2 or 3 later it's back. The bad part is most of my hits occur the first 2 or 3 days and it slacks off after that so the period of time that it's demonitized is my peak for most videos so this automatic thing is not only cheating me but them as well. Oh well, it won't matter in a few days but I'm so close to that $100 mark and I'd make it before they shut me down the 20th if it wasn't for that.

The BBQ Chef

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Strangely since the new qualification has come out I have had no issues with the not suitable icon.

genp

Reaction score
Have you noticed AI is suddenly flagging massive amount of innocent videos again? Many videos of mine got attacked in one hour. I have all kinds of labels: not suitable for most advertisers, age restricted, and even video deletion. Speechless now.[DOUBLEPOST=1518096201,1518091249][/DOUBLEPOST]This is why YouTube cannot be taken seriously because they don't take creators seriously. What a joke.

Last edited:
Reactions: GrillinRandy

iron

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Learn to count and make numbers with m&m's demonetized :) explain me what is the problem? Stupid youtube robot

Reactions: GrillinRandy

genp

Reaction score
I applied for review yesterday and in less than 24 hours the flagging has lifted. Make sure your videos are clean and apply for 'review'. It will be just a matter of time. The whole thing is unnecessary though.

Nazir

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I am upset Coz My channel is not growing as it should be and because of this new rule my monitisation is going to go today is 18 feb and i think after 2 days my channel will not have ads if you can suggest me any tips kindly visit my channel and let me know

caregiver12

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Every video lately has gone through this not suitable stuff. I always click on appeal and a day or 2 or 3 later it's back. The bad part is most of my hits occur the first 2 or 3 days and it slacks off after that so the period of time that it's demonitized is my peak for most videos so this automatic thing is not only cheating me but them as well. Oh well, it won't matter in a few days but I'm so close to that $100 mark and I'd make it before they shut me down the 20th if it wasn't for that.
I get this quite often and have been experimenting with ways around it, and have a successful but long winded solution that is mostly successful.

The main thing is, it seems that when you change something significant on a video e.g. title, tags, thumbnail etc... then the video gets 'scanned' again by the bot. By slightly tweaking one or several of these things, most of my videos go back to green quickly without review. Here are the steps I go through:

1) upload videos at least 24 hours in advance and put them as private or scheduled so you can see if it gets flagged first. Otherwise you're going to lose revenue if you do the troubleshooting while it's live.
2) if the video is flagged orange, first off make sure you've not got anything offensive anywhere. It seems the safest option these days is to be kid-friendly on everything you do.
3) next step is change the thumbnail. Not the content, but the name of the file. Try this a couple of times and give it an hour each time. This is where I have the most success.
4) If this doesn't work try removing a couple of tags. Wait an hour. Next step try modifying your title. Try a couple of times and wait an hour each time. Lastly try changing the description a couple of times.
5) If none of this things work then try re-uploading the whole video with a different file name. If that doesn't do it, repeat all the steps above with the new upload.
6) if still orange then you've exhausted all options and need to wait and request review.

Yes it is long winded but for me it is worth it as the first couple of days have the most impact and most revenue. I honestly only have to request review 1/10 times now using the above method and most times it's just the thumbnail change that works.

Good luck.

Reactions: genp and hifriends

genp

Reaction score
1) upload videos at least 24 hours in advance and put them as private or scheduled so you can see if it gets flagged first. Otherwise you're going to lose revenue if you do the troubleshooting while it's live.
2) if the video is flagged orange, first off make sure you've not got anything offensive anywhere. It seems the safest option these days is to be kid-friendly on everything you do.
3) next step is change the thumbnail. Not the content, but the name of the file. Try this a couple of times and give it an hour each time. This is where I have the most success.
4) If this doesn't work try removing a couple of tags. Wait an hour. Next step try modifying your title. Try a couple of times and wait an hour each time. Lastly try changing the description a couple of times.
5) If none of this things work then try re-uploading the whole video with a different file name. If that doesn't do it, repeat all the steps above with the new upload.
6) if still orange then you've exhausted all options and need to wait and request review.
Thanks. I got massive demonetization (over 60+ vids) in one day. This robot was wrong. I don't know what tags they are targeting for but definitely now the AI works badly against my channel. I really have to fix this. I requested 'manual reviews' in the past, they approved unpopular videos for monetization again easily but they kept popular videos (made with the same theme with unpopular videos) demonetized. I don't have intention to ask for manual review. It seems low-paid reviewers act mean sometimes.

Yesterday I changed thumbnail names but it didn't work out. I will try to change meta today.

I will also have to consider deleting the videos and re-uploading them. It might feel like re-starting the whole channel.

Guys, more tips will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

genp

Reaction score
Some of my vids got demonetized for unknown reasons. I'm sure that's some kind of error of YT robot. I don't know what the robot hates: thumbnails or metadata? My content is harmless and politically correct in every way.

But it takes a long time to get reviewed (or never get reviewed because of lack of recent viewership), plus YT manual reviewers are sometimes pretty biased. So I'd rather re-upload the vids with different thumbs and meta.

What do you guys do when your vids got demonetized?