Hot Topic Demonetization / "under review" (**DISCUSSION HERE ONLY**)

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
I just got the email that my channel (in my signature) is no longer eligible to moneitse. Here's the reason:

Video Spam: Large amounts of untargeted, unwanted, or repetitive content.

Obviously I'm going to delete some videos and reapply in 30 days, however I don't know which ones to delete and that's where I need your help please.

I mainly make number videos with fancy graphics. Here are my categories of 'danger' videos:

1 - Some of my number videos are very long (over half an hour) and perhaps considered repetitive.
2 - I buy content from other creators (usually on Envato) and use these (often modified) as part of my videos. I understand that even though I have sufficient rights to use this content, YouTube might still consider it too much duplicate content.

Should I delete all danger videos, or just ones in group 1 or 2?

Also, perhaps my channel was demonetised because my content is repetitive? I find this strange because wouldn't content from any niche channel be repetitive?

Thanks for reading and your help. :)
Oh boy...I just had a look at your content.

It looks like compilations of countdown stock clips. Am I right?

If so, not one of your videos will be considered monetizable by YouTube; and I can see just from viewing your thumbnails and content type where the spam charge would have come down on you.

Sorry to say this; but you are going to need to delete every single video and start over with a different content type from scratch. This time you need to create as much as possible personally. Unfortunately when the videos are gone, your watch time will also be reduced over time till it is literally zero.

You will be starting from square 1 with your watch time hours, and won't be eligible for review again until you are back at 4000 hours in the past 365 days. Again my deep apologies for disappointing you so badly, but there is no other way.

The new Content Quality Rules have put up a roadblock for creators who don't have the capacity/talent of filming their own content; and so have the need to rely on third party content for the bulk of their videos.

I'm in danger too; so please don't come back at me too hard. I'm a Digital Musician and hypnotist; so all of my own visuals are based on either stock clips, or visual generators.

I'm "just waiting for the hammer to fall", as Queen used to sing.

Last edited:

Andrewcu

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Oh boy...I just had a look at your content.

It looks like compilations of countdown stock clips. Am I right?

If so, not one of your videos will be considered monetizable by YouTube; and I can see just from viewing your thumbnails and content type where the spam charge would have come down on you.

Sorry to say this; but you are going to need to delete every single video and start over with a different content type from scratch. This time you need to create as much as possible personally. Unfortunately when the videos are gone, your watch time will also be reduced over time till it is literally zero.

You will be starting from square 1 with your watch time hours, and won't be eligible for review again until you are back at 4000 hours in the past 365 days. Again my deep apologies for disappointing you so badly, but there is no other way.

The new Content Quality Rules have put up a roadblock for creators who don't have the capacity/talent of filming their own content; and so have the need to rely on third party content for the bulk of their videos.

I'm in danger too; so please don't come back at me too hard. I'm a Digital Musician and hypnotist; so all of my own visuals are based on either stock clips, or visual generators.

I'm "just waiting for the hammer to fall", as Queen used to sing.
Thanks for having a look and your advice.

Actually, only 4 of my 32 videos use stock clips like that. But I'll definitely delete those as per your feedback.

My other videos of concern are long (over 10 minutes) number videos. I'm worried that YouTube will deem them too repetitive and boring to make up a large part of a channel. Even though they are each fairly different and a lot of kids really like them. Your thoughts on those kinds of videos would be much appreciated.[DOUBLEPOST=1544522765,1544522717][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks for having a look and your advice.

Actually, only 4 of my 32 videos use stock clips like that. But I'll definitely delete those as per your feedback.

My other videos of concern are long (over 10 minutes) number videos. I'm worried that YouTube will deem them too repetitive and boring to make up a large part of a channel. Even though they are each fairly different and a lot of kids really like them. Your thoughts on those kinds of videos would be much appreciated.
I hope your channel survives as long as possible by the way. :)

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I hope your channel survives as long as possible by the way. :)
As do I!

That said, number videos over 10 minutes might indeed be considered repetitive by YouTube. Also if your content happens to be aimed at children (learn to count and other such types), YouTube is now demonetizing these by default; as having no value to advertisers, due to children having no "buying power".

Do what you think necessary; and resubmit at the end of 30 days, providing you still possess the required watch time. Let us know here what happens, and I will assist as I am able.

Andrewcu

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Cheers, I plan to do that. That's really bad news about kids YouTube as I have another channel (stop motion this time and all my own) with 100k subs which I guess will be demonetised in time as well. :(

Thanks again for your advice and concern. I'll try and remember to post back here as things develop.

Reactions: UKHypnotist

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Cheers, I plan to do that. That's really bad news about kids YouTube as I have another channel (stop motion this time and all my own) with 100k subs which I guess will be demonetised in time as well. :(

Thanks again for your advice and concern. I'll try and remember to post back here as things develop.
You're welcome; and good luck!

Andrewcu

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just wondering how Daily Dose of Internet is in the YPP? He has confirmed this on Twitter. His videos use clips from around the net and he adds minimum (descriptive only) or even no voice to the clips. Sure, he gets permission to use them, but it's still duplication.

hokthai

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hi guys, as youtuber you must already the current situation about monetization. I'm, too having the same problem. I wonder if someone know how to 100% reapply for monetization that is revoke for duplication or reused. Also, how to get reviews and approved faster after the 4000MN Watch time & 1000 Subs? Or do you guys heard of any service or someone who can help out with this?

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
The best way to get 4000H and 1000 subs is with awesome and original content! That's how I did it in a month
Your channel link is not working so I can't really advice you since I can't watch your content

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I just got the email that my channel (in my signature) is no longer eligible to moneitse. Here's the reason:

Video Spam: Large amounts of untargeted, unwanted, or repetitive content.
I find Youtube using the term 'unwanted' to be quite harsh and insulting. Like screw you Youtube. nobody wants Logan Paul or Pewdiepie but you keep their content anyway.

Andrewcu

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I find Youtube using the term 'unwanted' to be quite harsh and insulting. Like screw you Youtube. nobody wants Logan Paul or Pewdiepie but you keep their content anyway.
This. If it's getting views, it is wanted right? Particularly high retention views with a fair amount of likes and not that many dislikes. So YouTube itself promotes content and then says it's unwanted.

When reapplying for monetisation, should I delete videos that I think might get me knocked back, or just privatise them? If I delete them, then people who have reuploaded them (there are lots reuploads of my videos) will have more recent uploads of my original content!