Daily uploading isn't always the answer: a case study

I know what you mean, I'm in the same situation currently, however just started so don't expect much at the moment. Did you do anything special for the video that took off by itself? Did you try to do it again?

We were shadowing a channel. Did several videos like theirs. We actually had several videos being suggested by theirs. We did try but our focus really wasnt on that subject (It was Thomas the train). So, I think we confused the Algro and ended up messing up things. So now we stick to one/two key terms.

Yes, we cross promoted the video from our main channel. We had a lot of our core fans come over and subscribe. The new channel is geared toward a younger audience then most of our core audience age group is, however they still seem to love the videos (It also has to do with our youngest having her own little fan base already established, too).
That's very good! Thanks for your reply![DOUBLEPOST=1503712953,1503712706][/DOUBLEPOST]
We were shadowing a channel. Did several videos like theirs. We actually had several videos being suggested by theirs. We did try but our focus really wasnt on that subject (It was Thomas the train). So, I think we confused the Algro and ended up messing up things. So now we stick to one/two key terms.
I too noticed that algo doesn't seem to like when everything is mixed together even for smaller channels. I can see some of your videos, for example hypnotised with fidget spinner or creepy hand did well - were they suggested by others or promoted only?

For smaller channels it like us it doesn't seem to make sense to do daily videos. We did when we started for a long time and got 30 views per each video.. even now if I don't use ads I get the same amount and when we first started. Seems for us it's better to do a video every 3-4 days with ads running to even rank or get suggested. I think thats why we are starting to get suggested because I have been doing $20 - $40 per each new video. I guess when you're a big channel you automatically start getting suggested? Only once have we had a video take off all on it's own with out any ads running. So, I think for sure, at least for us daily uploads are making me work harder and not smarter..but then again like I said we are so small.
I would LOVE 30 views a video. Feels almost like 5 is my average. And are you talking about google AdWords? I use that for my big projects, but most people don't even subscribe, and it tends to bring some hate, lol.

That's very good! Thanks for your reply![DOUBLEPOST=1503712953,1503712706][/DOUBLEPOST]
I too noticed that algo doesn't seem to like when everything is mixed together even for smaller channels. I can see some of your videos, for example hypnotised with fidget spinner or creepy hand did well - were they suggested by others or promoted only?

Those two were both suggested as well as having ads being ran on them. Seems like once the hit a few thousand my videos get suggested..[DOUBLEPOST=1503831422][/DOUBLEPOST]
I would LOVE 30 views a video. Feels almost like 5 is my average. And are you talking about google AdWords? I use that for my big projects, but most people don't even subscribe, and it tends to bring some hate, lol.

lol oh no! Yea, I have had some hateful comments to. I had found out that if you are going to use ads they work more long term. I used to do some videos here and there but had more success with I ran ads on each video I did. I usually get 1-3 subs per 1,000 views with ads.

Reactions: RTT
Those two were both suggested as well as having ads being ran on them. Seems like once the hit a few thousand my videos get suggested..
I love your creepy hand video, very well done. I would have asked via PM but don't have access yet, so if you don't mind will ask here. Where did you find this funny creepy hand animation? I see a lot of channels use it but I'm unable to find it anywhere...
Thanks a lot in advance!

I've run some ads for at least a couple months a few times before. How long do you mean when you say long-term?

Meaning more than just a few videos here or there or even more than a few months. We have been running ads for about 3 months straight now on each video and are just now getting suggested.. most are on small channels though.[DOUBLEPOST=1503921908,1503921828][/DOUBLEPOST]
I love your creepy hand video, very well done. I would have asked via PM but don't have access yet, so if you don't mind will ask here. Where did you find this funny creepy hand animation? I see a lot of channels use it but I'm unable to find it anywhere...
Thanks a lot in advance!

Aww thanks :) From Pixel Boom on youtube. The link should be in the description. They allow you to download the low res to use in your videos. You just have to add their direct link in the description.

Views are probably down for most at the moment being mid August advertisers are getting the campaigns ready for the remainder of the year leading up to Christmas

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I hope that you are right about it an we will see golden days of adds in our videos againe around Christmas.

UPDATE: uploading daily and seeing no difference lol. I had a Google ad going for some other stuff, and that might've gotten me more subs, but it's hard to tell cuz they subbed due to the channel overall. However, I'm going to keep trying cuz I guess it helps ranking for your niche and the algorithm sees you as an "expert" in it if you keep uploading after a while. Not sure though, cuz I've been doing it sporadically for years, so we'll see. Haven't been uploading daily for very long. A week maybe.

Back