Daily uploading isn't always the answer: a case study

My case study:
I did the opposite of @babyteeth4.
Because I was waiting for YouTube to fix some system bugs that appeared more than 2 months ago, I was left with around 200 unlisted videos. I was waiting for YouTube to fix their system, which they didn't and probably never will. So. I had accumulated a huge amount of.unpublished videos. Yesterday just few minutes before I was going to publish a video, it got flagged as inappropriate. I have decided to not wait anymore and see my videos getting flagged one by one, just before getting published. In a period of 5 minutes I published all the ~200 videos that were happily staying as unlisted. I've never published so many videos in such a small amount of time. Almost immediately, I lost around ~50 subscribers and I still lose some. After a first initial spike of views, the total amount of views on the channel are now lower than usual. I have around 100 videos with 0 views now and this seems to be on the of biggest disasters that my channel ever saw. Of course it's not as big as the disaster of September 2015 when YouTube broke around thousand of my videos overnight and said that they don't support the feature anymore. Anyway I am still optimistic and looking forward for now an easier YouTube uploading with less stress.

Want to hear something crazy. I'm doubling down. I'm trying to upload multiple times a day. I might upload a fourth video today. It's insane. Does it help? I dunno probably not. My growth stalled last couple weeks so I'm working on a new strategy of uploading until all my videos for today have a total of thousand views an hour. And I'll try to maintain thousand views an hour everyday.

Not sure if it will work though since il be running out of content at that pace.

I also have poorly performing videos but I haven't really seen a big correlation with daily upload. I've interpreted poorly performing videos as content that YouTube doesn't want me to make. So then I supplement my poorly performing uploads with new uploads I know that YouTube usually likes.

This will allow me to make the videos I want to make, but I will still try to save channel if youtube doesn't like my video. I'm testing an idea that maybe your channel is not being punished by the last video, but by the lower daily views produced by your last video. Maybe there's a way to protect your daily view count.

Want to hear something crazy. I'm doubling down. I'm trying to upload multiple times a day.

That's insane! Unless you have a backdoor to Toys R Us, sneak in at night, use the toys, get out by sunrise :)
I'm not sure it's the best way though, you'll saturate the subscriber feed, subs will skip over videos. I mean you can try, see what happens for a week, but when I did the daily livefeeds it killed the channel almost. I think recent metrics are critical, if videos are being skipped it's a huge red flag. The views/hr/channel is important I think, but it should ideally be driven by latest videos not old inventory. You know all those channels with the 20M video 9 months ago with all the recent videos 1k-20k.

Want to hear something crazy. I'm doubling down. I'm trying to upload multiple times a day. I might upload a fourth video today. It's insane. Does it help? I dunno probably not. My growth stalled last couple weeks so I'm working on a new strategy of uploading until all my videos for today have a total of thousand views an hour. And I'll try to maintain thousand views an hour everyday.

Not sure if it will work though since il be running out of content at that pace.

I also have poorly performing videos but I haven't really seen a big correlation with daily upload. I've interpreted poorly performing videos as content that YouTube doesn't want me to make. So then I supplement my poorly performing uploads with new uploads I know that YouTube usually likes.

This will allow me to make the videos I want to make, but I will still try to save channel if youtube doesn't like my video. I'm testing an idea that maybe your channel is not being punished by the last video, but by the lower daily views produced by your last video. Maybe there's a way to protect your daily view count.
That's insane! Unless you have a backdoor to Toys R Us, sneak in at night, use the toys, get out by sunrise :)
I'm not sure it's the best way though, you'll saturate the subscriber feed, subs will skip over videos. I mean you can try, see what happens for a week, but when I did the daily livefeeds it killed the channel almost. I think recent metrics are critical, if videos are being skipped it's a huge red flag. The views/hr/channel is important I think, but it should ideally be driven by latest videos not old inventory. You know all those channels with the 20M video 9 months ago with all the recent videos 1k-20k.
yeah I'm a bit stubborn. I think that's why I'm a late bloomer in yt. I have a theory about daily uploads hurting channel. Maybe problem with daily upload was more about content efficenciy and less about cannibalism. Ive uploaded daily or almost daily for couple months. One month i had very nice growth and this last month my growth stalled. Both months had frequent uploads. I think what killed my velocity was i started introducing too many unpopular offtopic videos for my channel. For about two weeks i uploaded quite a few non disney cars related vids. And thats when i started to go down.
In my case youtube is telling me they want more disney cars, disney cars live streams, and disney cars toy hunts.
So its interesting for me when i look at big channels, they have recent videos with tons of views. And those videos are their bread and butter. But they also have recent videos that are very anemic. Huge channels have anemic videos. That tells me even huge channels make content that is difficult for the algorithm to serve. Too many of those within a time frame will probably hurt channel. Im guessing because it hurt my channel. And maybe that is what ails other people who tried frequent uploading. Reminds me of Lavar Ball "stay in your lane". Yt is telling me to stay in my cars lane and dont experiment too much in a week.

We've just started our third channel, and so far it's going pretty well. We have realized how the algorithm seems to favor specific content, and we are trying to keep the theme very consistent. We have also been considering breaking up the main channel into a separate channel for family vlogs (since we have been noticing the same thing as far as consistency and the algorithm favoring certain types of content). We haven't done that yet, though, as I don't want to stretch myself to thin with maintaining uploads on all channels. We have been debating this for months since we were given the advice of breaking the channel up for different content. I'm still hesitant though even though I know it will feed the algorithm. It's so much easier having everything in one spot.
I just checked this channel you mentioned and I think it's awesome result for a 3-week old channel with 4 videos. Did you cross promote apart from listing a link to the new channel on your old channel?
I started YT kids channel recently and barely got 250 view in 3 weeks time... :(

I just want to get the ball rolling dangit. Being a gaming channel, it wouldn't be that hard for me to pump out 2 videos a day. Heck, I have 14 videos or so of just one game, and I'm not even done playing it. It's sorely tempting, but I'm not sure how much it'd actually help me in the long run.

For smaller channels it like us it doesn't seem to make sense to do daily videos. We did when we started for a long time and got 30 views per each video.. even now if I don't use ads I get the same amount and when we first started. Seems for us it's better to do a video every 3-4 days with ads running to even rank or get suggested. I think thats why we are starting to get suggested because I have been doing $20 - $40 per each new video. I guess when you're a big channel you automatically start getting suggested? Only once have we had a video take off all on it's own with out any ads running. So, I think for sure, at least for us daily uploads are making me work harder and not smarter..but then again like I said we are so small.

For smaller channels it like us it doesn't seem to make sense to do daily videos. We did when we started for a long time and got 30 views per each video.. even now if I don't use ads I get the same amount and when we first started. Seems for us it's better to do a video every 3-4 days with ads running to even rank or get suggested. I think thats why we are starting to get suggested because I have been doing $20 - $40 per each new video. I guess when you're a big channel you automatically start getting suggested? Only once have we had a video take off all on it's own with out any ads running. So, I think for sure, at least for us daily uploads are making me work harder and not smarter..but then again like I said we are so small.
I know what you mean, I'm in the same situation currently, however just started so don't expect much at the moment. Did you do anything special for the video that took off by itself? Did you try to do it again?

I just checked this channel you mentioned and I think it's awesome result for a 3-week old channel with 4 videos. Did you cross promote apart from listing a link to the new channel on your old channel?
I started YT kids channel recently and barely got 250 view in 3 weeks time... :(

Yes, we cross promoted the video from our main channel. We had a lot of our core fans come over and subscribe. The new channel is geared toward a younger audience then most of our core audience age group is, however they still seem to love the videos (It also has to do with our youngest having her own little fan base already established, too).

Back