Do you receive you payments on time from Creative Nation?

• Yes every time

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Rarely

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Never on time

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have tried to get in touch again, through email, skype, pm, etc and no response. Really don't want to investigate my legal rights..But I may be forced to.
I'd start looking into it. Shane has been on. He's been on the CN forums and I'm pretty sure he would have seen your messages. This was one of the reasons why I had enough of Creative Nation.

I'd start looking into it. Shane has been on. He's been on the CN forums and I'm pretty sure he would have seen your messages. This was one of the reasons why I had enough of Creative Nation.
Oh I know he's on, I'd just rather solve this problem in a friendly way.

Just to update there has been nothing from Currency Fair through yet who CN uses for bank transfer payments, payment was sent on Friday and takes 2 working days so I will leave it until tomorrow, any longer than the end of the working day tomorrow is too long.

@Styxie it could be good to wait in the chat until he gets online, he was answering my questions earlier through there. Bit hard to catch him though.

Just to update there has been nothing from Currency Fair through yet who CN uses for bank transfer payments, payment was sent on Friday and takes 2 working days so I will leave it until tomorrow, any longer than the end of the working day tomorrow is too long.

@Styxie it could be good to wait in the chat until he gets online, he was answering my questions earlier through there. Bit hard to catch him though.
Shane's probably watching over the chat and looking on here lol. Don't think he'll make an appearance today lol. Maybe when everyone is off or maybe early tomorrow morning lol

Nothing from Currency Fair yet and have contacted them, they have said they have no pending notifications for deposits for us. I really hope this gets sorted out quickly because I don't know whether there is an issue with CNation paying in first place or with Currency Fair now. I wish they stuck with Transferwise because this is getting confusing and even more of a pain in the backside.

Oh wow, this thread made me really sad.... but I can't say I didn't see it coming. I've used to be part of CN for more than a year (Feb 2014 - May 2015) and I had such high hopes for this network... It went from being a very exciting new and upcoming network which I recommended to everyone due to high staff activity, great support and no issues with payments to... join if you don't have anywhere else to go. I hope this changes for the better in near future though!

I've had a lot of faith in this network, had a great relationship with some of the employees who were kind enough to keep me updated on daily/weekly basis and share some inside info as well which ultimately led to me seeing stuff inside the company that I shouldn't have seen...

But even then, I think Shane is really good at what he does, he knows and understands YouTube pretty damn well and at times, he definitely knows how to run his own network and a company. However, there are times when his youth and lack of experience clearly show. For example, he used to announce stuff that were not only unfinished, but development didn't even start! I see people talking about Creative Suite, a new dashboard that was supposed to come out at the end of 2014/early 2015 , but we're half way through 2016 and it still hasn't been released? I was accepted into "pre-beta" over a year ago: and it hurts to see it still hasn't launched, because all the CN partners definitely deserve a better dashboard!
03Lvjgz.png

When it comes to being a forum moderator, you are right Michael, I was the one talking about it and it really hurt it ended like it did, being stalled with a contract and then not getting the answers at all.. but to be fair, I don't think being a forum admin/moderator should be a paid position and I'd personally do it for free, because I love chatting with people, sharing stories, discussing videos, helping out when possible and I have plenty of experience and love keeping the forum clean, so I would say his approach to that matter was wrong. You shouldn't offer a payment like that, but rather see who would be genuinely interested in it as a volunteer and then reward them after a little while for their work, that is if they were doing a good job, just to keep them motivated and show some appreciation!

But that's the difference between Shane and me, while he's definitely more knowledgeable when it comes to YouTube, I on the other hand have years and years of experience running a team with dozens of people and this is why I said his lack of experience can be seen at times. However, all of these things happened in the past, 2014/2015 and I'm sure he learned a lot more by now. The issues with payments however are terrible and they should be resolved ASAP, nobody should suffer and have payments delayed due to internal company issues, too many employees and so on. MCNs should separate funds where the % share they get is what they keep and use as operational funds while partners revenue is kept on another account and is only used for payments to their partners. This would allow networks to actually stay within a budget and not hire more people than they can pay. Not sure if some are doing this or if this would even be possible, but that's what I'd like to see.

Anyway, I really hope all your issues get resolved soon and Creative Nation manages to bounce back because if they sort out all their internal issues, launch all the promised features and get the ball rolling, they definitely have a place in YouTube world due to no lock-in contracts and very high revenue share percentage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back