Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Common issues that keep you under 1,000 subscribers

Discussion in 'YouTube Tips, Tutorials, Help & Guides' started by Tim Schmoyer, Mar 2, 2015.

1. FatherofTwo
    Cash:
    $28
    Thanks for the advice.I have been doing everything I can to increase my subscribers. I feel like I have a good product and I just need to be found. I was hoping you would have some miracle answer, like... Clone your friends! lol. Just kidding. Anyways, I am able to take heart that I am already following your 3 biggest tips to grow. I have been studiously working (nonstop it feels like) to get lots of good quality content up on my channel. I have a brand I have stuck with, and I think my thumbnails are interesting, They stand out amongst others in 'Let's Play' searches at least.

So I guess I am saying I didn't take any new tips but it is nice to know I am on the right track.

I have only been putting out content for about 50 days, and I have gained 25 or so subscribers in that time. I wonder is that average? Does gaining subscribers lead to a snowball effect of subscribers?
    Thanks in advance to any more advice you can give.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 20, 2016, Original Post Date: Oct 20, 2016 ---
    I tried to look at your page, and let you know what I thought of your brand and look. But your page link doesn't work! I would like to take a look! Just trying reposting your 'page title' in your account settings. =)

2. Yoursharkfriend
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $55
    Exactly! When already big youtubers say that YouTube is a lot of work, they aren't kidding. Everyone thinks it's all fun and games but really it's hours and hours of work.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 21, 2016, Original Post Date: Oct 21, 2016 ---
    Yes! I'm so awkward on the camera. I feel like I don't show any emotions (wondering if I have RBF or I'm just shy) but I think you just get used to it over time. If you watch older youtubers and their hella old videos you can see they are the same way

3. nickywickyd
    Cash:
    $35
    So I am determined to read the whole 56 pages of the thread (already reached 20), but just wanted to give a shoutout to everyone that posted anything in here - already gave me so many ideas and visions, just have to take my time and apply! Thank you, everyone - and, specially, topic starter, Tim Schmoyer!

4. Messages:
    Cash:
    $4
    how may I get your ebook Tim ??

5. lj23314
    Cash:
    $0
    How do you make a brand new forum link??

6. CMTXRATED
    I Is Batman
    Cash:
    $7
    Thanks. That helps a lot

7. Lets Torque Cars
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $7
    IM STUCK AT A 160 SUBS!!! :mad:

8. FunWithTheBugs
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $76
    I am far from an experienced vlogger, a few months experience but my best advice is you really need to not care what anyone thinks. The more you don't think about what people think of you the more you will be able to loosen up and act like there is no camera watching you. The camera becomes your friend in the room.

I act pretty silly and crazy off camera so if I am going to vlog I want to capture me and not someone I am not. So be you as if the camera isn't there.

Also, if you are someone that tenses up because the camera is on, walk around with the camera before recording to loosen up. Then when you feel like you are acting natural, hit record and start vlogging.

9. Taste A China
    Cash:
    $19
    I just found this post. A lot of good advice on here. I do thing that at times it can be about exposure. Even if you're doing something that people want to watch, if they don't know you exist(cause your videos aren't exposed to a large audience) then even with good branding and titles etc you won't get the views. Thanks Tim!

10. NiggaUly
    Cash:
    $18
    I just realized I've watched some of your videos when I was starting my channel lol thanks man!