Camera/video software advice(newbie)

Yep. Mangled sentence a little bit ^^

and how was that transition? I mean was it hard to convert and/or is it similar to vegas. I have really been thinking about converting because I know a couple of small features that premiere does that vegas doesn't that I want but I have procrastinated doing it because of all the time I have in learning vegas...I would hate to throw it all away. But if some of it is transferable....

Get adobe premier, just sign up for the creative cloud package, say your a student and put in the name of a local university to you, bang you have every single adobe program for 15 quid a month

and how was that transition? I mean was it hard to convert and/or is it similar to vegas. I have really been thinking about converting because I know a couple of small features that premiere does that vegas doesn't that I want but I have procrastinated doing it because of all the time I have in learning vegas...I would hate to throw it all away. But if some of it is transferable....

Very very simple, Just went straight from it and learnt most of the basics in about 30m, I don't think much would be thrown away, it's just kind of a new GUI and different features.

Get adobe premier, just sign up for the creative cloud package, say your a student and put in the name of a local university to you, bang you have every single adobe program for 15 quid a month

Wait you have to pay a monthly fee for premiere? Maybe I will stick to vegas haha.[DOUBLEPOST=1371575315,1371575281][/DOUBLEPOST]
Very very simple, Just went straight from it and learnt most of the basics in about 30m, I don't think much would be thrown away, it's just kind of a new GUI and different features.

Do you pay this "monthly fee" too? That might be a deal breaker in itself for me.

Wait you have to pay a monthly fee for premiere? Maybe I will stick to vegas haha.[DOUBLEPOST=1371575315,1371575281][/DOUBLEPOST]

Do you pay this "monthly fee" too? That might be a deal breaker in itself for me.

You can buy it one off, but it costs like 600 quid. the 15 a month is actually a really good deal since you get all upgrades with it too!
I "borrowed" it from college ^^

You can buy it one off, but it costs like 600 quid. the 15 a month is actually a really good deal since you get all upgrades with it too!
I "borrowed" it from college ^^

Oh ok so if I paid the whole price of the software upfront I wouldnt have to pay for a monthly access? Am I understanding this correctly?

Oh ok so if I paid the whole price of the software upfront I wouldnt have to pay for a monthly access? Am I understanding this correctly?

Yep pretty much, but you wouldn't get any of the updates. In the long run, with the monthly fee, you pay a little bit less and don't have to pay for the upgrades and new versions.

Yep pretty much, but you wouldn't get any of the updates. In the long run, with the monthly fee, you pay a little bit less and don't have to pay for the upgrades and new versions.

well maybe but I choose torrents generally. So in the long run it is still cheaper for me. Sorry for all the questions but I appreciate it. I just recently started messing around with animation on Toon Boom Animate 2 and it is taking up all of my learning time right now...haha

well maybe but I choose torrents generally. So in the long run it is still cheaper for me. Sorry for all the questions but I appreciate it. I just recently started messing around with animation on Toon Boom Animate 2 and it is taking up all of my learning time right now...haha

That's fine ^^

Back