Camera/video software advice(newbie)

Hey all :)I'm starting out on YouTube and vlogging and really want a professional look to my videos and good editor.

I was going to post a link to a well known vloggers video to show you an example of the quality/editing I want to do but not sure if I allowed to?

Also I did get chatting to one vlogger and she says she uses

Canon 60D
(18-55mm kit lens) camera

And

Final Cut Pro x

However when I've researched these the camera looks amazing but I've read this camera is not compatible with Final Cut Pro x so am confused.

Also I am using windows pc so I would need to purchase a MacBook aswell or iPad to do the editing on. I am prepared to invest cash in something if it is going to be good.

Can anyone advice?
Well...

I have talked with iJustine (BIG vlogger/youtuber) and for her main channel videos she uses either her Canon XA-10 or her Canon 60D and usually edits on Final Cut Pro.

For her vlogs she uses a Canon PowerShot N and to edit she uses iMove on her Mac/iPhone :)

I plan on getting a Canon PowerShot N when I start daily vlogging in July, it's a REALY nice little camera for vlogging and you can wirelessly transfer images to your phone :)

I'm thinking if its easier then ur might be safer to get the 600D and a good lens.

Does it have autofocus or manual?

And us the fact that I got a pc rather than a mac going to be a problem?

And is this camera good for uploading to YouTube I mean will the quality not be as good when it's on YouTube because of youtube a settings?

Good choice!
I saw that for the 600D video autofocus is possible but you have to enable it on the menu.
The fact that you have a PC will change nothing, you can edit exactly the same on both ^^
The camera is good for YouTube, If you look at my channel the last two videos I uploaded were using that camera in very low light, so you'll be fine.
good luck ^^

Good choice!
I saw that for the 600D video autofocus is possible but you have to enable it on the menu.
The fact that you have a PC will change nothing, you can edit exactly the same on both ^^
The camera is good for YouTube, If you look at my channel the last two videos I uploaded were using that camera in very low light, so you'll be fine.
good luck ^^
Cool styxie just checked out your vid its great quality even in the darker light! Looks really good. What lense is on it?

And what software do you use to edit?

Cool styxie just checked out your vid its great quality even in the darker light! Looks really good. What lense is on it?

And what software do you use to edit?

I use Premiere Pro and a Canon 18-50mm. The editing software doesn't really matter as long as you know how to edit ^^

Back