Camera/video software advice(newbie)

Grapegirl

Reaction score
Hey all :)I'm starting out on YouTube and vlogging and really want a professional look to my videos and good editor.

I was going to post a link to a well known vloggers video to show you an example of the quality/editing I want to do but not sure if I allowed to?

Also I did get chatting to one vlogger and she says she uses

Canon 60D
(18-55mm kit lens) camera

And

Final Cut Pro x

However when I've researched these the camera looks amazing but I've read this camera is not compatible with Final Cut Pro x so am confused.

Also I am using windows pc so I would need to purchase a MacBook aswell or iPad to do the editing on. I am prepared to invest cash in something if it is going to be good.

Can anyone advice?

Playinithard

Shibby!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
You need a software that converts the video file into something that Final Cut accepts. There are several of them just google and it shouldnt be that hard.

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
If you already have a PC there is no need to purchase a macbook to edit on ^^
As for camera, the 60D is pretty damn good, if a bit too expensive try the 600D.

Peter

Obsessed Guitarist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
If you're looking for a PC editing software, I recommend you to check out Sony Vegas, it has all the features to make a professional video. :)

Reactions: Styxie

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Vegas Pro and Premiere are similarly priced though, if you have to choose go Premiere. But yea, they both are in the 500 dollar range which is a lot.[DOUBLEPOST=1371574418,1371574003][/DOUBLEPOST]So yea, how much are you willing to spend on this and what do you already have?

Reactions: JohnKenShow

JohnKenShow

The YTTalk Godfather
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Guru, Reporter, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian
Now before you get all crazy buying cameras and all that jazz... You are on a PC... so dont run out and buy a mac... You say you are starting out so My advice is dont' Overhaul and buy a bunch of equipment. What happens if in a couple months you decide Vlogging is not my thing.. suddenly you have over a 1000 dollars worth of stuff.
You can get a good camere with out spending lots of cash, just make sure you have a mic that isn't fuzzy.. Audio is very important.. Secondly as for achieving that professional look, it can be done with 100 dollar camera. You need proper lighting.. that means at least one light on you and then light the back ground so you are seperated from it. Also choose a good back drop something that isn't too busy... My advice is check out gisikw his channel is beyonmd awesome and is one of the best vloggers I have seen. Most importantly have fun, just do what you want to do, and enjoy it.

PitbullNorthC

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
As stated above you do not need a macbook for any of this. I have a pc and have absolutely no problems editing anything. It is the same process no matter which computer you have, and the softwares work the same. Only thing different is the OS which some people prefer one over the other. I use sony vegas, and love it so that is what I would recommend. I dont know about cameras but sony vegas will do anything that you want on your videos.[DOUBLEPOST=1371574978,1371574775][/DOUBLEPOST]
I was using Vegas because it was the first one I got till recently...Can't go back now ^^
are you saying you went from vegas to premiere?

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
As stated above you do not need a macbook for any of this. I have a pc and have absolutely no problems editing anything. It is the same process no matter which computer you have, and the softwares work the same. Only thing different is the OS which some people prefer one over the other. I use sony vegas, and love it so that is what I would recommend. I dont know about cameras but sony vegas will do anything that you want on your videos.[DOUBLEPOST=1371574978,1371574775][/DOUBLEPOST]

are you saying you went from vegas to premiere?
Yep. Mangled sentence a little bit ^^