Camera/video software advice(newbie)

TheBatteryChicken

Level 34 Drug Dealer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
If it's EVERY adobe product, they have like 50 xD
Exactly, which is why its definitely worth 15 quid a month when you get access to all of them programs, fair enough i dont use the majority of them but at least if i ever do i can :) im happy just using the premier, photoshop and after effects mainly

Reactions: Styxie

JustSomeGermanDude

Experted expert in expertness.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well, the official price for non students is $50 a month. For ALL their stuff. Single CC versions are $20 a month, so if you're really just going to use Premiere, that would be cheaper, but as soon as you throw photoshop and after effects into the mix, or lightroom, if you're going to use your dslr for photos too, getting it all will be cheaper.

But for the person opening this topic: I would advice starting up with a D600 and one of those 30-50 buck versions of Vegas, AT THE MOST! You're just wasting your money on something you might very well end up having problems to understand. Crawl before you run, one doesn't learn to drive on a Formula 1 car...

Grapegirl

Reaction score
No[DOUBLEPOST=1371577128,1371577076][/DOUBLEPOST]

Which one?
Personally, I have a 600D, it does really really incredible video and is pretty simple to learn, it might take you a few hours for the basics and you can read a lot of theory online
Which software editor do u use?

I meant the 60D but gonna look up the 600d now

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Which software editor do u use?

I meant the 60D but gonna look up the 600d now
I use Premiere Pro
From all the reviews I've read, the 600D and 60D do pretty much exactly as well, but the 600D is cheaper.
Remember you'll also need a lense (you can buy those with the camera in the packs ^^)

Reactions: Nicekid76

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
For clogs I suggest getting a video camera instead of a video DSLR. You'll get higher quailty with the dale but you'll have to make sure that your always in focus. So if youre and on the go vlogged it might be hard. As for software, I suggest everything besides windows movie maker only because I don't think it renders he video. For vlog any video editor should be good. Personally I use Sony vegas
Hope that helps.;)
I use Premiere Pro
From all the reviews I've read, the 600D and 60D do pretty much exactly as well, but the 600D is cheaper.
Remember you'll also need a lense (you can buy those with the camera in the packs ^^)
The picture quailty in the 60D is better but the video quailty in both are exacltly the same

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
For clogs I suggest getting a video camera instead of a video DSLR. You'll get higher quailty with the dale but you'll have to make sure that your always in focus. So if youre and on the go vlogged it might be hard. As for software, I suggest everything besides windows movie maker only because I don't think it renders he video. For vlog any video editor should be good. Personally I use Sony vegas
Hope that helps.;)

The picture quailty in the 60D is better but the video quailty in both are exacltly the same
True on the camcorder part, but you can get autofocus for video ^^
Only bad thing for DSLRs is the recording limit, many have like a 12m to 13m recording limit before you need to start again.

Grapegirl

Reaction score
Well, the official price for non students is $50 a month. For ALL their stuff. Single CC versions are $20 a month, so if you're really just going to use Premiere, that would be cheaper, but as soon as you throw photoshop and after effects into the mix, or lightroom, if you're going to use your dslr for photos too, getting it all will be cheaper.

But for the person opening this topic: I would advice starting up with a D600 and one of those 30-50 buck versions of Vegas, AT THE MOST! You're just wasting your money on something you might very well end up having problems to understand. Crawl before you run, one doesn't learn to drive on a Formula 1 car...
I know what you're saying. I'm definatley up for getting a simple software but I've got my heart set on this canon 60D as to me it just looks fabulous! But would you say it's mega hard to work it?

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I know what you're saying. I'm definatley up for getting a simple software but I've got my heart set on this canon 60D as to me it just looks fabulous! But would you say it's mega hard to work it?
Save money, get the 600D and a few lenses ^^
I've had a look, they do pretty much the exact same video. the 60D is better at photo though.

Grapegirl

Reaction score
Save money, get the 600D and a few lenses ^^
I've had a look, they do pretty much the exact same video. the 60D is better at photo though.
Does a lense improve the quality?

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Does a lense improve the quality?
If you buy a DSLR you need a lense. Many of them do, but good lenses can cost hundreds if not thousands. The kit lense you can get when you buy a 600D is enough for a while though.