Account Security - YouTube Guide for Beginners

JustSomeGermanDude

Experted expert in expertness.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes, your situation did inspire this thread :) I was trying to think of a new guide and then I saw that you'd had an attempted hacking, I thought.. "SECURITY" .
Next thread idea: who of y'all is from Mountlake Terrace, WA, USA.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A thread for me!

Also: all hackers to Michael's Twitter!
Lol I am alright, my passwords are secure enough without 2 step but its always good having it as an extra preventative measure.

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
On one of my other gmail accounts I got a message saying someone from China or something had tried to access my account :confused: (long time ago)
So I changed my passwords. Weird.

unknown_user54684097890

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
On one of my other gmail accounts I got a message saying someone from China or something had tried to access my account :confused: (long time ago)
So I changed my passwords. Weird.
Woah! :eek: that's crazy.. Back in my pawtaytoe does they told me someone from Russia tried to access mine. D: haha.

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Woah! :eek: that's crazy.. Back in my pawtaytoe does they told me someone from Russia tried to access mine. D: haha.
I know! :O
It's quite unsettling, actually.

I'm not that worried now, though. As I have an anti-malware program + antivirus :p

JustSomeGermanDude

Experted expert in expertness.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was actually surprised that it wasn't China or Russia. Thing is: the best password and malware software doesn't help if your password gets intercepted somewhere along the way. Recently someone stole like 16million email passwords here in Germany.

Also: if you want an extra layer of security for your YouTube channel: manage it through a separate gmail With a random name that you don't use for correspondence at all.

Reactions: Switchbox

unknown_user54684097890

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I was actually surprised that it wasn't China or Russia. Thing is: the best password and malware software doesn't help if your password gets intercepted somewhere along the way. Recently someone stole like 16million email passwords here in Germany.

Also: if you want an extra layer of security for your YouTube channel: manage it through a separate gmail With a random name that you don't use for correspondence at all.
That's a really good idea. :eek:

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type

That is actually really clever :)

xandru8

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
dude I used security questions and then changed to phone because even a question can get hacked, but the phone is another thing ... in my opinion that is