Account Security - YouTube Guide for Beginners

xandru8

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Giving it away here, but all my passwords are between 8-12 characters long, they all contain the same phrase, but different number variations for different memorable dates that only I know. xD

#suchsmartness #wow
hahahaha ... I wen`t with that before until some one pointed out some programs that can trace what you tipe and it got me even more paranoid so every pass is different set of numbers caps and in different order lol and btw a experienced advice ...(if yo want to hear me out) ... never save the file where yo have your passwords in your computer lol ... I learned it the hard way ... now I have a notebook next to me lol ... all the tech is good and all you have your little ipad or s**t like that but if it has internet and some one is smart enough to open the door to it then its not worth nothing lol

unknown_user54684097890

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
hahahaha ... I wen`t with that before until some one pointed out some programs that can trace what you tipe and it got me even more paranoid so every pass is different set of numbers caps and in different order lol and btw a experienced advice ...(if yo want to hear me out) ... never save the file where yo have your passwords in your computer lol ... I learned it the hard way ... now I have a notebook next to me lol ... all the tech is good and all you have your little ipad or s**t like that but if it has internet and some one is smart enough to open the door to it then its not worth nothing lol
That's why I keep everything on paper. ;D Completely removes that risk. The real SAFEST place for your passwords is your memory. Haha.

Reactions: xandru8

xandru8

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's why I keep everything on paper. ;D Completely removes that risk. The real SAFEST place for your passwords is your memory. Haha.
... until you get hit in the head and get amnesia or Alzheimer ... or some one just taps in to your brain with a usb device and downloads the info at about 100kbs ... its true ... it can happen ... lol

JustSomeGermanDude

Experted expert in expertness.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There are ... ? Would you mind completing your sentence sir?
Sorry, didn't post that on purpose. Began writing it, deemed it not interesting enough. Later when I revisited the thread and commented on that other quote this somehow got through.

There are maybe three or less women at the right age to be my mother, who have the same last name as I, in all of Germany, which would make that question rather easy to crack...

Kleineganz

Opinionated Vlogger and Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
Sorry, didn't post that on purpose. Began writing it, deemed it not interesting enough. Later when I revisited the thread and commented on that other quote this somehow got through.

There are maybe three or less women at the right age to be my mother, who have the same last name as I, in all of Germany, which would make that question rather easy to crack...
Yes, admittedly the "mother's maiden name" is probably not the most secure question for most people. I'm one of the lucky ones though. I say it's practically impossible to trace my mother's maiden name back to me. I'm not telling why though because then it would be a lot easier to do so. ;)

Michael Cimicata

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Very good advice! I definitely think that having a very complex password is the very least that every youtuber should have!

JeriKane

s h o o k e t h
Reaction score
Very good thread. I've got all of my login information for every website I visit written down in a notebook that's specifically for account info. I only wrote it a few days ago because I feared I'd forget all of the information.

Now, I can delete everything I have in my phone's NotePad as well. All that's left for me is setting up the two-step verification on my accounts.