• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

5.000 subs and 300.000 view in ~1½ month!

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
See, I disagree with this and probably in a different position. I am doing Call Of Duty videos and there are so many people doing these videos. At the moment I find myself promoting and asking people to view my videos and I would like to say a lot of the people that view my videos subscribe.

For me it is trying to make the name recognizable and making sure as many people as possible see my content. Believe it or not I am not doing sub for sub even though many people have accused me of it. Just call of duty is a weird place to produce content at the moment lol.
Oh no. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I don't think you did sub for sub but my point was sometimes it's clear some other

Cameron Arnold

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Other
Wow dude i can tell that your become a legend i never heard someone to reach 5k in half of a month youll reach 1 million soon

Kevin Muldoon

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Congratulations Ironick. That's an unbelievable achievement.

You've clearly worked hard to reach that point and deserve your success.

I'm curious as to how you have used AdWords to kick-start your channel. Did you display a pre-roll before videos or display one of your videos in sponsored results.

Additionally, I'm curious as to whether you used AdWords to promote new videos or to promote videos on your channel that already had a lot of views. :)

Kevin

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

iroNick Gaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wow dude i can tell that your become a legend i never heard someone to reach 5k in half of a month youll reach 1 million soon
Thanks a lot buddy, I wouldn't complain if I kept it up like this ;-)

Congratulations Ironick. That's an unbelievable achievement.

You've clearly worked hard to reach that point and deserve your success.

I'm curious as to how you have used AdWords to kick-start your channel. Did you display a pre-roll before videos or display one of your videos in sponsored results.

Additionally, I'm curious as to whether you used AdWords to promote new videos or to promote videos on your channel that already had a lot of views. :)

Kevin

Thank yoo so much mate!

I at least felt that I have worked a lot and done my research right ;-)

The way I use Adwords is to promote my newest video. I do both in-display and in-stream. In the start I did it with around $15 per video for a 2 week period. Gave me maybe 500-1000 views per vid. As I also told in a previous post, I treat my channel like a legit business, and being brand new, you must have the market know about your product. So even if its "only" 500-1000 views (which is a lot in the start), it's all about accumulating your channels foundation. Even if I only gained 1 sub, it would still be a success.

With that being said - Adwords hasn't in any way been my way to success. It has just given me a little extra. My very first market research made me spot a trend that would apply to Rocket League (the game I play) in 2 weeks time from the time of my research. And from when I uploaded my first real video (1 month after the channels first upload) it just kicked off from there.

I only use it for newer videos, but promoting old videos is actually an interesting thought. Seeing that I am still very new, I mainly promote my newest video, because I improve a lot from each video here in the beginning. So I would rather promote a video where I have improved from the last videos flaws, because the quality will simply be better. :)

Reactions: Kevin Muldoon

Kevin Muldoon

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Thanks a lot buddy, I wouldn't complain if I kept it up like this ;-)

Thank yoo so much mate!

I at least felt that I have worked a lot and done my research right ;-)

The way I use Adwords is to promote my newest video. I do both in-display and in-stream. In the start I did it with around $15 per video for a 2 week period. Gave me maybe 500-1000 views per vid. As I also told in a previous post, I treat my channel like a legit business, and being brand new, you must have the market know about your product. So even if its "only" 500-1000 views (which is a lot in the start), it's all about accumulating your channels foundation. Even if I only gained 1 sub, it would still be a success.

With that being said - Adwords hasn't in any way been my way to success. It has just given me a little extra. My very first market research made me spot a trend that would apply to Rocket League (the game I play) in 2 weeks time from the time of my research. And from when I uploaded my first real video (1 month after the channels first upload) it just kicked off from there.

I only use it for newer videos, but promoting old videos is actually an interesting thought. Seeing that I am still very new, I mainly promote my newest video, because I improve a lot from each video here in the beginning. So I would rather promote a video where I have improved from the last videos flaws, because the quality will simply be better. :)
Thanks Nick. I appreciate you getting back to me.

In the UK AdWords offers a £75 bonus if you deposit £25. Ive used AdWords in the past so I'm not sure if I'll get that bonus or not.

I am tempted to try it on my channel and if works use it in a future channel I may launch. My channel has 500 subscribers so I think it could use a kick start to get it going.

I was checking my analytics. I can see which videos are getting the most views and most minutes, but I can't see which videos are making people become subscribers. If there was a way of finding that out what videos convert the best we could start promoting that video over others.

:)

JRuncie

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That is fantastic! I am slightly jealous, but thrilled for you! Have fun continuing to grow the channel.

Anjim

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Good evening everyone!

Yesterday I hit 5.000 subscribers, and have just rounded 300k channel views as well. I am still amazed by how rapid my growth has come.

When I started YouTubing, I had some long term goals that I wanted to achieve. All those were made within days of my first breakthrough video. I never in my wildest fantasy imagined that I would be growing this fast.

It is still surrealistic to me - but it really motivates me to keep working hard, to keep the growth going!

Did you guys reach any milestones lately?

- Nick
What is the secret to your success *put the reporter mic to IroNick gaming *

iroNick Gaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks Nick. I appreciate you getting back to me.

In the UK AdWords offers a £75 bonus if you deposit £25. Ive used AdWords in the past so I'm not sure if I'll get that bonus or not.

I am tempted to try it on my channel and if works use it in a future channel I may launch. My channel has 500 subscribers so I think it could use a kick start to get it going.

I was checking my analytics. I can see which videos are getting the most views and most minutes, but I can't see which videos are making people become subscribers. If there was a way of finding that out what videos convert the best we could start promoting that video over others.

:)

Of course mate! :)

I had that bonus too. I was able to claim it after already having spent like $15. The way it worked for me was that I just had to use $30 after entering the voucher, and then I could claim it. Should be the same for you.

That's a really interesting thought. You can actually click on an individual video and then go to "Subs" and see how many subbed while watching that specific video. It's not that user-friendly though, but it is possible :)

That is fantastic! I am slightly jealous, but thrilled for you! Have fun continuing to grow the channel.
Thanks a lot buddy, and same goes for you! ;-) Your channel banner is so awesome, really makes your channel feel welcoming!

What is the secret to your success *put the reporter mic to IroNick gaming *
Haha, love this! I gave a few pointers in post #10 in this thread. If you have further questions, then please don't hesitate to ask! ;-)

EleetRyder

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Congrats man, that's huge. I'd love to chat with you sometime if you ever had the time! :)

Wight Space

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
My god, man. That is amazing.