2013 LAYOUT THREAD (all posts about the new layout go here)

1595201-oh_look_its_this_thread_again_super.jpg

Did they change the size of the banner? All the templates on the web are 2120 x 1192 (or 1193) but according to the upload page and google support page the image is supposed to be 2560 x 1440. (They do have a template on the support page, but that is 2337 x 1273 !?! (which aren't even the right dimensions...)) Oh, and it looks like it can be 2mb now.

Not going to be that guy who makes a new thread about the layout again, so I'll post it here. Its more of an observation than "I DON'T LIKE IT", just a few things I noticed:

Okay so I've had the new layout since the day it came out but for the past 2 days have switched to test a few things out. Below is a view of my channel before these past 2 days:
Capture.JPG
Focus on the column with the red dots, this shows channel views and as you can see they are pretty lacking. I have also noticed a drop in video views aswell, only my newer videos though, my most popular ones are still the ones drawing in the numbers in that middle grey column. I was struggling to even get 20 views which is a bit strange. So, two days ago I switched back as a test, here are the next two days of my channel on SB:
1.JPG
(Lost 1 sub :oops:) But as you can see, red dot column again, the channel views are starting to come back again. My recent videos are also getting back to 30 views in a day again instead of that in a week. Now although I do like the new layout, its having a greater impact that just design, so I'm not too sure on it anymore. We'll see when it gets forced if anything changes but I'm not sure I'll like what I see :(

Not going to be that guy who makes a new thread about the layout again, so I'll post it here. Its more of an observation than "I DON'T LIKE IT", just a few things I noticed:

Okay so I've had the new layout since the day it came out but for the past 2 days have switched to test a few things out. Below is a view of my channel before these past 2 days:
View attachment 6823
Focus on the column with the red dots, this shows channel views and as you can see they are pretty lacking. I have also noticed a drop in video views aswell, only my newer videos though, my most popular ones are still the ones drawing in the numbers in that middle grey column. I was struggling to even get 20 views which is a bit strange. So, two days ago I switched back as a test, here are the next two days of my channel on SB:
View attachment 6825
(Lost 1 sub :oops:) But as you can see, red dot column again, the channel views are starting to come back again. My recent videos are also getting back to 30 views in a day again instead of that in a week. Now although I do like the new layout, its having a greater impact that just design, so I'm not too sure on it anymore. We'll see when it gets forced if anything changes but I'm not sure I'll like what I see :(
Well that is just SocialBlade.. It likes to poop out. It will skip days and then put them together -_- Plus the layout still hasn't been fully released yet. That might contribute to it, but I could be wrong on that.

Back