1 Million Subscribers - How To Become A YouTube Sensation! (THE GUIDE!!)

Feel Good Films

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wh
Good article, and there are definitely some nuggets to take away from it but there are also a lot of potential dangers for new Youtubers in the post as well. Being one myself, I disagreed with about half of what you wrote. No "newtuber" is going to have the means to hire a team right out of the gate, or even at 1000 subs, nor should they really. Also I reckon there are very, very few professionals that are going to want to work for such a small channel no matter what commission you offer; it's just not worth their time.

You have three writers, a voice over artist, and now you're looking for a video editor? I mean, is there anything of YOU in YOUR channel? Why don't the 5 of them just leave you and start their own channel and make 100% of the money if they're doing all the work anyway. I take pride that I do absolutely everything for my tiny channel and each new subscriber I earn increases that feeling. My brother's channel has almost 900,000 subscribers and it's just him and his girlfriend. You simply do not need a team of employees.

I also think it's very easy to make at least one high quality, tightly edited video each day because I do that. I've received more than a few compliments and encouragements about the quality of my videos. There are also myriad channels that put out 3 high quality, edited videos a day and have achieved success. More videos doesn't necessarily mean low quality.

I also disagree about what you say about thumbnails and social media, but we'll leave it at that :)
Who is your Brother and what is his YouTube channel? :)

SlayerXtR

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yea, the needing a team thing is kind of far out there, but I guess if that is what you use then all good on you!

I know I'am only 921 subscribers, but all of them felt like I was able to bring them in because they loved my channel and not because of a team of people helped me.

Some good advice and then some I wouldn't bother using myself.

Sk Jony

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
That's amazing post and advice for ours newbie You Tubers. Hope fully it working as well.

DemiPlays

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've actually been a subscriber to your channel for a while. High quality videos. Some very good advise as well. Good heads up on not putting words in your thumbnails. I actually did not know this even though it seems like common sense. Appreciate the advise and it really did help!

StupidBrosStudios

YouTube Pro
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
THANK YOU!
This gave me so much advice and I have just now put it into effect,
Thank you sooo much for pointing out red flags to avoid and telling me about quality over quantity!!
YOURE AMAZING!!!

TammyTTalks

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Very interesting :giggle:

My team is going to be me, me and me because I love to do the things you pay other people for.

hatlesschimp

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I can see a lot of the Auther in myself. My current channel is basically a test channel for videos and also to share info with friends on forums (90 subs LOL) but it has allowed me to practice and evolve. I want to refine my videos and iron out all the crip, but still have quite a bit to go. I do have big ideas with a second channel, I really do see it doing well when we launch. Its very hard throughout the whole process if you want to make a quality video. Recently I did a spur of the moment monitor unboxing to test out some equipment and to see if I liked it. Well going in with no script was hard, lighting had to be adjusted heaps, camera setting were off on the first part so we had to re shoot some bits. We didn't know the exact details on the product so had to stop and do some research. editing was a nightmare to cut out bits we didn't like but had to some how keep some shots that were stuffed up and couldn't be re shot. Our voices were off, to low and need voice acting training. Thumbnails need to be created, tags have to be thought up, the video has to be watch numerous times, sound has to be editing and more sound made and dropped in, the video has to be uploaded, video has to be archived. etc. - As you can see heaps of processes involved.

At the moment It looks like I have secured a small warehouse that has some studios and office built in(90 subs and hes getting a warehouse lol, hes doomed!!! I know!!!). The previous tenant was a photographer. The Internet is high speed cable thank god! And my mate and I believe we will have to bring in some experts that are good at what we are not. We were thinking Spielberg, Kevin Hart and Larry David LOL. However like the Author says they will have to be paid in commission later. However I haven't worked out a fair way to split it up. Also we will effectively be starting from scratch and building it. We do have some awesome viral video ideas that should help. However like someone said you don't need to overkill it. In some cases you need just a camera but its rare and hard to make it. I'm always trying to think outside the box and the reality is companies that strive to innovate stay around a lot longer. Unless they put all their eggs in one basket. Also many famous entrepreneurs failed at various things before they finally got it right.

I thought he had some good points and said stuff that you wouldn't read in a book also said some stuff that I wouldn't know if it's true or not. Im also interested in his statement, “Well I only have 100 subscribers, my channel has only made $12 so far, how am I suppose to afford to hire people?” . I have 90 subscribers and $60 lol.
I also find it interesting that he signs up makes 2 posts and disappears.

MissMisanthropist

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
How are you supposed to get a "Team of people" when you are barely able to make videos yourself? You'd have to HIRE them I mean I can convince a few people here and there to help me but you can't just START A COMPANY You make that sound WAY too easy.

Reactions: TammyTTalks

hatlesschimp

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The Author is correct. However you have to be able to sell the idea to others if you want them to work for commission or future goal based rewards. You need to have a clear direction you are headed, 5 year plans etc. The idea has to be good. You are not convincing them to be your peasants or plebs. I don't want to disclose exactly how I have done it so far but it is simple. And its a technique discussed on here a bit and used by all the good established companies throughout the world. I know Linus from LinusTechTips used it and wouldn't have made it without it.
No one is going to give you the golden key to open that door! You cant just download knowledge into your brain like The Matrix! That's why I am here I'm reading, learning and evolving. Never stop evolving![DOUBLEPOST=1441158565,1441158186][/DOUBLEPOST]You can do anything you want. Where there is a will, there is a way! How much do you want it? Think Batman - Dark Knight Rises! LOL Do you want to get out or not? Its easy to not try because its to hard. For example In the last few years I have put on quite a few Kg's. I used to play heaps of sport then stopped to commit to a new role at work. Now I know I have to start running and exercising but I'm scared to start because I know its going to hurt the first few days till I blow the cobwebs out and loosen up - plus I have a cold atm LOL.