Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaegoba

So the new rule that YouTube is enforcing is that you must have 10k lifetime views on your channel before you can make any money, supposedly this is to prevent unmonitored videos that have very inappropriate content from getting money.. I'm currently a very small channel and so far (even though it's not a lot) I've made around 40 cents total but now I can't make anything until I hit that marker.. Right now making money on YouTube isn't my goal but it still sucks... What's your opinion on the matter?

well to be completely honest, if you haven't made 10k views yet, that means at the highest CPM available you still would not of made 50 dollars...10k views is easy.

If you are honestly worried about not hitting 10k views, ill tell you its not that hard. Just keep uploading! It racks up fast. Keep in mind its lifetime views not current views, so if you delete a video from YouTube, the views you already had count towards it.

Ive given you a few more views towards your 10k goal!
And whilst im here I might as well give you some feedback.
My first question is - what is your channel about? Of the several videos I watched you just seemed to be moaning about life taking over some random gameplay?
The intro is too long at nearly 10 seconds. Try to make it 2-3 seconds.
Liven up a bit? Try to sound more positive/interesting?
You dont seem to have an upload schedule?
Maybe add your face into one of the corners engaging with the audience.
Maybe try to reduce to aggression/swearing in the intro song/vocals/headings etc

I don't think it's a big issue whatsoever, people that are under that 10k milestone generally make little to no money which you yourself have said. It's good that you don't do it for the money and after a short period of time you'll make 10,000 lifetime viewers anyway, it doesn't take as long as you might think, just keep putting out content and you'll get there in no time at all.

Ive given you a few more views towards your 10k goal!
And whilst im here I might as well give you some feedback.
My first question is - what is your channel about? Of the several videos I watched you just seemed to be moaning about life taking over some random gameplay?
The intro is too long at nearly 10 seconds. Try to make it 2-3 seconds.
Liven up a bit? Try to sound more positive/interesting?
You dont seem to have an upload schedule?
Maybe add your face into one of the corners engaging with the audience.
Maybe try to reduce to aggression/swearing in the intro song/vocals/headings etc
Thanks for the feedback man I'll do my best to improve.. thanks

This is interesting and the first I've heard of it. I guess it makes sense and it isn't so bad since it is lifetime views. Thanks for the information though

I think is good, considering lots of people would steal others videos and made money out of it so now they have to obligatory go through a process in order to be able to monetize. So yeah I think that is good and I know that anyone can reach 10k views if they put the effort :)

Youtube has the right intentions, but executing it the wrong way.
There are still awful channels like Sirnando and Lispy Jimmy who make absolutely bottom-of-the-barrel content just for money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back