YouTube Videos Promotion Poll - Which Helps The Most?

Which platform do you find helps your channel/videos the most?

• Twitter

• Facebook

• Instagram

• Pinterest

• Reddit

• Other (please share them)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I haven't really found any of them useful yet but I really think that I am just not knowledgable enough out promotion and running a page on them to have them be useful. I'll definitely be looking into improving my social networking presence over the spring break :). I put other BTW because I was interested to see what everyone else put :p.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Out of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Reddit and any other social media type websites, which do you find helps your channel/videos the most in terms of subscriber gain, engagement and views?

I thought this could be interesting to see the results. Feel free to share who you voted for and why. I am curious to see who ends up at the bottom, I have a feeling it may be Facebook.
Facebook has gained me probably over 100k views from simple shares on certain FB pages... Not to mention the organic shares that other pages do on their FB page without me even sharing. But from me personally causing it, I'd say Facebook, then next is probably Facepunch (DO NOT GO TO FACEPUNCH UNLESS YOU ARE BRAVE!). Facepunch hates self promotion and will destroy you if they don't like what you post. I can count on at least 700-1000 views per post on Facepunch, but I have also experienced getting destroyed there, so yeah, I wouldn't post there. It's like I'm the crocodile hunter of Facepunch in here because I'm used to it, but I've seen people on Yttalk come running back here asking how to delete a Facepunch post because they were being eaten alive.

NWBroadcasting

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Native videos have more reach and will also be larger in size and auto-play. If you have dead videos on YouTube that aren't generating any income, you might as well repurpose them on Facebook as a native video and create a call to action button to watch on YouTube at the end of the video.
Good advice! Something that has worked for me and these type of videos, is to edit the first ten seconds of my video together and give away one fact and then put in a title card that says something like, "Full video on Youtube, link below" and then put the link to your Youtube in the description.

This has worked pretty well.

Last edited:

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
Reddit is the clear winner for me. It takes some patience, and you have to be cautious on where and what you are posting, but the thing about Reddit is that it's not all that different from YTTalk. It is a community and if you don't involve yourself in the community, you can't expect your self promotion to be innocently ignored, just like here. The vast majority of people from YTTalk that have read uberdangers post and not grasped the idea that their content isn't really that great, is quite high. You need to post your best stuff, in the right location at the right time all the while putting effort into the community side as well. *shrugs*

I could see Facebook being of use, but I'm cautious because they actively and brazenly IMO fleece business. The whole not showing posts to people in your fan page unless you pay for the exposure is absolute tosh.

Twitter needs a big audience in order to be of value IMO. It's a much more instantaneous, I want to put eyes on THIS RIGHT NOW kind of social media construct. So things like live events can work really well.

Good advice! I do fact videos, like, "8 Shocking Facts About Netflix". So something that has worked for me and these type of videos, is to edit the first ten seconds of my video together and give away one fact and then put in a title card that says something like, "Full video on Youtube, link below" and then put the link to your Youtube in the description.

This has worked pretty well.
Blech, buzzfeed style b******t... This kind of "content" is the reason I don't ever read anything on Facebook anymore.

hulabetty

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Native videos have more reach and will also be larger in size and auto-play. If you have dead videos on YouTube that aren't generating any income, you might as well repurpose them on Facebook as a native video and create a call to action button to watch on YouTube at the end of the video.

That is exactly what we do... Link to YouTube from facebook when it first comes out... barely get any love from facebook and then after a month or so up load to facebook and it goes all over (hate them for that but understand why they do it). We do add a tag pointing everyone to newer videos on our YouTube channel but not sure it generates many subscribers.

KWKBOX

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Twitter seems to get the fastest results but if a popular facebook person posts I notice that does better than a popular person retweeting.

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

SauceOne

The Sauce
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
Out of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Reddit and any other social media type websites, which do you find helps your channel/videos the most in terms of subscriber gain, engagement and views?

I thought this could be interesting to see the results. Feel free to share who you voted for and why. I am curious to see who ends up at the bottom, I have a feeling it may be Facebook.
Personally, I've found that YTtalk has helped me out more than any other site. The people on here are awesome! :D

Vir

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Reddit is the clear winner for me. It takes some patience, and you have to be cautious on where and what you are posting, but the thing about Reddit is that it's not all that different from YTTalk. It is a community and if you don't involve yourself in the community, you can't expect your self promotion to be innocently ignored, just like here. The vast majority of people from YTTalk that have read uberdangers post and not grasped the idea that their content isn't really that great, is quite high. You need to post your best stuff, in the right location at the right time all the while putting effort into the community side as well. *shrugs*
Finally a reddit guy!
I haven't succeeded in any social media yet but reddit has the potential,the only thing you've to think for a bit is the title,that's the game,you need to think of a attractive title,a title which should be something that ,once read,it makes people click on it,it should be something that people can't stay off without clicking on it...and that's where i'm bad at :(
But reddit can generate much traffic to youtube if used in the right way

Rehannah

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
YouTube (I consider it a social network site)
I usually use comments for advertising so long as it's not annoyning or spam. I meet a lot of new friends there and they share my videos or whatnot. YouTube is my key to success on YouTube

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV