YouTube TV

Will you subscribe to YouTube TV for $35 a month?

• HECK YES!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ZakDTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Just heard about this. Youtubes answer to sling, Directtv, Hulu, and cable. Looks real good. Do yall think youtube can hang or is this going to fail? Check out Philip Defranco channel for the announcement

Reactions: markkaz

McWil

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I seen this on Twitter, when Phil Defranco announced it. Eh, may work. If it goes down the Netflix and Amazon Prime route, creating their own shows with creators on their YouTube platform? It could possibly blow up.

ZakDTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Thats pretty much youtube red. Personally I do news vids so I see this as a shot at something great.

McWil

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thats pretty much youtube red. Personally I do news vids so I see this as a shot at something great.
Indeed, I heard there will be a feature advertising possible related videos next to the content you watch, I think that is a really neat feature, allowing such channels like yourself to expand to a greater audience. I don't see it benefiting gaming channels as of yet, but who knows?

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
What are you thoughts on YouTubes new announcement for their TV streaming service for 35 bucks a month USD? I personally won't be using this as I can get slingtv for 40 a month with more channels and I have basic cable through Xfinity that gets me Local channels.

paullaskovids

Well-rounded punk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Vlogger, Comedian
It's too expensive for the lack of channel selection I think. There are a lot of major networks missing.

McWil

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's too expensive for the lack of channel selection I think. There are a lot of major networks missing.
Indeed. My cable company is BT and I get everything I need plus netflix for £18 ($20-$22) a month, and 9 outta 10 of the advertised channels on YouTube TV are on BT. I don't think YouTube TV will break into the UK market that well, BT and Sky dominate it.

paullaskovids

Well-rounded punk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Vlogger, Comedian
Well, on that front, sure YouTube TV will be less expensive than most cable providers here (packages typically start at $30 or $33 before the addon channel packs depending on if it's one of those TV-phone-internet bundles), but I'd still rather wait until Viacom, Discovery Communications, and Turner get on board in the least. Would be nice if Google would negotiate with local sports providers in addition to the big-name networks. I want YES Network so I can watch Yankees baseball.

I think to call this even a half-baked idea is premature. They should have done some more contract negotiations first in my opinion.

Reactions: McWil

JesusGreen

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
The price for what you get seems a bit high but that might just be because I'm in Europe. However I'm really excited about this, even though it's not something I'm personally interested in. This could potentially convert some TV watchers to YouTube viewers, which means more traffic for us as YouTubers. I do hope they add in more channels to make this a sweeter deal and encourage more people to buy it.

I wonder. Will those who have YouTube Red and who also buy YouTube TV get ad free TV experiences, or no? If they would, this could also encourage more people to buy YouTube Red, because I feel like TV ads are more intrusive and annoying in general than YouTube ads typically are, and anyone paying $35/mo already probably wouldn't mind paying a little extra to get rid of them.

Last edited: