YouTube "Sub-Network" Programs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I'm new here! :)

But anyway I know that YouTube's policy on no sub-networks but I know that some MCN's still offer a "sub-network" program if you call yourslef a Talent Agency or other things.

But I'm intrested in starting one of these network programs since I'm working on a new YouTube system that will help people grow.

I have seen a few Talent agency that works through RouteNote Studios

Do you know of any MCN's that offer this type of program? or any good experince with one?

NoDragonsPlz

NoDragonsPlz
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think Freedom allows you the ability to create your own network. But they have so many people that do that, then drop the ball.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think Freedom allows you the ability to create your own network. But they have so many people that do that, then drop the ball.
I believe they canceled all of their sub-networks and the program due to the new YouTube policy.

NoDragonsPlz

NoDragonsPlz
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I believe they canceled all of their sub-networks and the program due to the new YouTube policy.
I don't know then. It's really hard to say. I figure most MCNs have done the same then. They would rather not take the risks.

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Yeah I know, But I believe some MCN's still do offer the program.
The bigger question would be for how long do you think they'll be able to do so before either YouTube or the networks themselves change the rules once again?

...and how much time, effort, expense are you willing to put in knowing there's a good chance that will happen?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The bigger question would be for how long do you think they'll be able to do so before either YouTube or the networks themselves change the rules once again?

...and how much time, effort, expense are you willing to put in knowing there's a good chance that will happen?
Yes I understand the risk associated with it but the network part of my new business is not going to be the main feature of it.

Aleksandar Blagojevic

Reaction score
Yes ShakyCow is right,at this point in time,I don't think its wise to make sub network.The only viable option would be if you can create your own mcn somehow,to not be depended on some network.But its very hard and requries alot of money also.

Jonathan

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I'm new here! :)

But anyway I know that YouTube's policy on no sub-networks but I know that some MCN's still offer a "sub-network" program if you call yourslef a Talent Agency or other things.

But I'm intrested in starting one of these network programs since I'm working on a new YouTube system that will help people grow.

I have seen a few Talent agency that works through RouteNote Studios

Do you know of any MCN's that offer this type of program? or any good experince with one?
I've been in the networking industry since 2013. I'm currently trying to get my own CO account but I don't think that will happen. The best thing to do to run your own network would be to contact an MCN and make a deal with them. Lets say you wanted to dedicate yourself to the Automotive genre, you would run under the company under their name but on the automotive talent department, etc.. Only a very few MCNs will actually do this. It all depends on their business model. You need to know what you're doing though. It also costs. I've invested so much money into my network that I used to run full time up until the policy was officially announced.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: InfinityDaniel
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've been in the networking industry since 2013. I'm currently trying to get my own CO account but I don't think that will happen. The best thing to do to run your own network would be to contact an MCN and make a deal with them. Lets say you wanted to dedicate yourself to the Automotive genre, you would run under the company under their name but on the automotive talent department, etc.. Only a very few MCNs will actually do this. It all depends on their business model. You need to know what you're doing though. It also costs. I've invested so much money into my network that I used to run full time up until the policy was officially announced.

Hope this helps.
Thank you very much for your help, I will look into it...