YouTube Monetization Tab Error

jbeh

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know anything about this error and how to fix it? I tried contacting YT on email and twitter and no response.

On my monetization tab for the past 2 weeks, every time I click on there, it says "oops something went wrong". What can I do to fix this?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
That's weird.

Have you tried in another browser?

Maybe also try logging out, deleting cache, cookies, app data etc from the browser and then trying logging again.

jbeh

Reaction score
That's weird.

Have you tried in another browser?

Maybe also try logging out, deleting cache, cookies, app data etc from the browser and then trying logging again.
Tried this and still had no luck. Any idea what I can do? I need to sign up for monetization as I'm getting decent views

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Tried this and still had no luck. Any idea what I can do? I need to sign up for monetization as I'm getting decent views
I'm not getting that error so it doesn't seem to be a general bug. I think your only option is to contact support. :)

jbeh

Reaction score
I'm not getting that error so it doesn't seem to be a general bug. I think your only option is to contact support. :)
But I can only contact support if I'm a partner (which I'm not) and the Twitter YT team did not help

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
@jbeh

I'm a Silver Level Product Expert in the area of YouTube.

Recent changes to the way the YPP application works in YouTube Studio may prevent you from applying without actually having reached threshold. You won't even be allowed to connect an AdSense account to your channel without 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch time hours in the past 365 days.

jbeh

Reaction score
@jbeh

I'm a Silver Level Product Expert in the area of YouTube.

Recent changes to the way the YPP application works in YouTube Studio may prevent you from applying without actually having reached threshold. You won't even be allowed to connect an AdSense account to your channel without 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch time hours in the past 365 days.
I have 290K subscribers

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
How many public watch time hours do you have over the past year? You need 4000 or more. Watch time from Unlisted, deleted, or videos you've made private doesn't count. Have you tried posting your issue to the official YouTube Support forum?

Fuzzy hat

Reaction score
Website
m.youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
I have two different timers on my YouTube!!! One in studio showes well over 4000 hours and the one in monetazation window just droped to about 2000 hrs all of the sudden. All in the last 365 days!!! Almost 2 k subscribers. All my videos are public and always have been!!!!
Can’t email YouTube either. tweeter support says same thing make sure you have all the videos set to public. Like everyone misses that I mention it in every message that all of them have always been public. Agggh. Disappointing...

Fuzzy hat

Reaction score
Website
m.youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
How many public watch time hours do you have over the past year? You need 4000 or more. Watch time from Unlisted, deleted, or videos you've made private doesn't count. Have you tried posting your issue to the official YouTube Support forum?

Question for you If person promotes some of the videos through google AdWords they should be counted as real views ( as it says on google’s page) and therefore should be counted on monetazation page? Right? Google promises real people real views, and it doesn’t say anywhere on YouTube that views from AdWords shall not be counted towards certain goals. Or I’m I wrong?