YouTube: Hobby or Job?

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Full-time job for me. Revenue is reaching to a full-time min-wage income.
Hope to get it to the 2 person full-time income stage so my wife can join me and help with setup/props.

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Definitely a hobby. I'm not sure I could take the pressure of it if it was a job.

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

BillyVlogsTV

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hobby but I treat YouTube like a job and I would love to be doing YouTube as a job(a least part time) in the future and certainly I won't be complaining if that ever happened!

Hopefully that will happen in the future haha! :D :D

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly... At times it is a little bit of both. I can't see it as an asset yet because it costs more to run it than it brings in. But as soon as that changes... well... it will become more of a job. I hope I never get tired with it though! That would be a major bummer!

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Hobby. Just like painting, it may take hours to paint and one person gets to buy it, but it's not a job for sure. Actually I'd rather not be forced to live off of YouTube. I ha e a good job and if I didn't go to it, I'd never have time to make videos

IsntChrisL

Easily Distracted
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
It's almost a second job for me right now. I'm really pushing to make it take off to become a full time career though.

CaptainDelugo

Even Blackbeard is scared of me!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hobby, ofcourse. I enjoy doing it and since I don't earn s**t from it, it cannot be considered a job. :)

KrakenSoup

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I treat it like a job so that one day it can become my paid hobby.

HyDraid

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Of course there are soooo many YouTubers out there and I would like to have some opinions on if you do YouTube as a hobby, as a side thing for the enjoyment or would like a career out of it. Personally our channel would LOVE to make this a job as creating comedy skits and other videos are our favorite things to do!
Well at the beginning it's always a fun hobby but if it turns in something big and you can make a living from it then you can maybe see it as your job