Hot Topic ** YOUTUBE HEROES (all discussion goes here only) **

umbysworld

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Youtube Heroes is INSANE! First of all, calling people Heroes for captioning videos and reporting subjectively negative content is insulting to real heroes. Secondly, at higher levels you can actually ban users, delete videos, and shut entire channels down. This is the stupidest thing they've ever done and it will fail so hard and I will laugh until I die.

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Youtube Heroes is INSANE! First of all, calling people Heroes for captioning videos and reporting subjectively negative content is insulting to real heroes. Secondly, at higher levels you can actually ban users, delete videos, and shut entire channels down. This is the stupidest thing they've ever done and it will fail so hard and I will laugh until I die.
what's interesting is I read some article about how if you abuse it you won't gain to the point where you get higher levels. I wonder how YouTube is going to track if you abuse it though.

Mr. Indigo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Just heard about it. It's retarded! All it encourages is reporting videos to get points which is going to create a lot of abuse.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
This has to be the worst idea ever. It's so open to abuse it's ridiculous.

It seems that everyone agrees:

Chandler

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
This sounds like a terrible idea. Why would anyone need the ability to flag multiple videos at the same time? This is turning viewers against creators. If you really want to give them something, let them have a button that moves videos up the search rankings. Flagging is already being abused, don't make it worse. Nobody goes to YouTube to watch subtitles and moderated comments.

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I wonder if youtube heros existed all along run by popular youtubers or maybe even YouTube staff. I mean lots of videos were flagged for no reason leaving the popular youtubers alone. Sounds like now they are releasing it to the public.

NSPS

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
just heard about this from a angryjoe video and I don't like it one bit,

wasabiroots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
They're just trying to get free labour out of people who wants to be a "hero". Which if people are very much worried about the size of their e-p***s, would gladly take this offer like people on Steam with their badges and level hoarding. But still, steam is harmless.

At least (from the video) it seems that you'd need to be at least a level 3 for the mass flagging, which comes after joining some workshops they give in level 2(?). For me, what's scary is them encouraging people to report more to get to level 1. I wouldn't have awarded points for that because its just too easy for trolls to do them mindlessly for points. :(

edit: adding more stuff:

Also, they get to talk directly to youtube staff? THEY get to talk directly to youtube staff? Not content creators? I'm sad... Very sad... Yea I said it twice to emphasize that point >.>"

Last edited:
Reactions: Crown

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I did read in the YouTube help article that YouTube makes the final decision. So perhaps if people are just mass flagging videos claiming they don't like it or reporting false stuff YouTube won't actually delete it??? I would hope not but then again this is YouTube we are talking about.