YouTube Content: Niche or Variety?

Naybor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi guys!

Its been a minute since I've posted. I wanted to post a question and get your advice. Is it better to only focus on one niche thing for your channel, or to have variety. I do Pokemon Card openings and a variety of games and sketches. I thought I would get your opinion on the matter!

Thanks,

Will Latimer

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it's good to have a variety, however if it's on the same channel it should somehow link, for example I would't upload a fashion video to a gaming channel, but variety is important just make sure it is relevant to your channel

Reactions: Naybor

Naybor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it's good to have a variety, however if it's on the same channel it should somehow link, for example I would't upload a fashion video to a gaming channel, but variety is important just make sure it is relevant to your channel
Awesome Thanks for the input! I feel the same. Since I post similar content to gaming I feel like it isn't the worst idea to keep it all on my channel!

KTP

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think this really depends on your niche and where you are in your YouTube growth.

In the beginning I really thought having variety was important. But several people have suggested that you ocus on one or two niche topics until you get to certain level of followers. Once you've established yourself you can branch out. But this suggestion might night apply to the gaming channels, I don't know.

I also think that it depends on why you are doing youtube. If it's purely a hobby, you should do whatever makes you happy :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Naybor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think this really depends on your niche and where you are in your YouTube growth.

In the beginning I really thought having variety was important. But several people have suggested that you ocus on one or two niche topics until you get to certain level of followers. Once you've established yourself you can branch out. But this suggestion might night apply to the gaming channels, I don't know.

I also think that it depends on why you are doing youtube. If it's purely a hobby, you should do whatever makes you happy :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

That is some solid advice. Thanks for the input!

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Have a variety of videos within your niche.

Minky Toy

Reaction score
I think it depends on how far down the road you are. If you're just starting out, I'd maybe stick with one niche and learn the ropes before compounding the complications and challenges in trying to manage several at the same time. You might end up losing your laser focus...

Naybor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it depends on how far down the road you are. If you're just starting out, I'd maybe stick with one niche and learn the ropes before compounding the complications and challenges in trying to manage several at the same time. You might end up losing your laser focus...
Good Point. I was just wondering if I needed to laser focus it just a little more!

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think you can try variety of different videos on your channel. Later on you will see what people like to watch more and stick with that subject.