Youtube Comments are Making me Lose my Sanity.

Is my anger justified

• Yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The commenter is wrong, but you're too angry

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • You should just be like slightly annoyed by this

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • You should go get some mint chip icecream (Please choose this one)

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Gits and Shiggles

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
When I first started youtube I decided to let anyone comment and never remove anyone's comment as a free speech thing. But, there is just so much idiocy that my will to continue that is being destroyed daily.
I made one video as a JOKE poking fun at a pyrocynical video about the game Lost in Vivo where he said that the game didn't rely on jumpscares. So I thought it would be a fun video to show myself getting spooked by some stuff in the game, some of those things being jumpscares. It was meant to be a lighthearted video that wasn't supposed to be taken seriously, and I was sure I made that clear especially by the end of the video where I say I actually agree with pyrocynicals assessment and that the game is actually super good. But a large amount of people took the video SUPER seriously and started "debunking" me here's an example:

I understand where you are coming from, there are jumpscares. But Pyro's wording is the crux of the issue. He says "not relying on jumpscares". Relying being the keyword. There are other things that scare you more, he even says that "The enemies are the real focus". Half the footage of the game you showed weren't jumpscares. But the point you use is that there are too many jumpscares, i.e. that final clip you use, there was no jumpscare, it was just a buildup to unnerve you.

And 10 people have liked this comment, even after I clarified that I actually agree with his point. AND after I said I agree with him he tries to argue with me over what the videos about like motherfucker I MADE THE THING. Like it just urks me that he's arguing a point that was never made. At the end of the video, I literally say the words, "If you didn't notice I ran out of jumpscares pretty quickly." Like WTF do people even watch the f*****g video before talking?

This thread was more for me to vent, feel free to agree or disagree with me on this, It's just been angering me for a while now.

"

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Yeah, there are lots of dumb and/or lazy people on Youtube - It's pretty scary. It's kind of like when you get hundreds of comments asking "What's the name of this song?" when the answer is written in the description of the video. lol SMH.

MadBlaxe

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
some people are mean /crazy and C*** i ve made a video and obviously it was a sarcastic video about what is death stranding in 1 minute and someone just said utter s***e to me (he thought im nobody and im talking trash about a great game) duhhh (even if i had a warning that is a sarcastic video just before begining to talk) so it's so normal to see people like this because they are meatheads

Reactions: Gits and Shiggles

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I do remove comments, but the extremely rude ones only (don't comment just to be an a**). Also, your comment section is your responsibility, so some comments can get you in trouble.

But it does get frustrating when an idiot comments and is trying to "correct" me, when I said the same thing in the video. I used to just ignore them, but decided to play a little now. My channel is just a hobby, so major growth is not a major concern. I do not feel the need to kiss up to anyone ha ha. So now, when someone tries to argue with me, by saying exactly what I said in the video I reply with time stamps.

Something like - 'yes, as I said at (timestamp), and (timestamp)... did you actually watch the video?' Then put a smiley face... They get one snarky answer. If they are just looking for an argument, or being overly rude, I just delete it and block them from commenting. I simply do not need the negativity. As I get older I am starting to understand the grumpy old men (I do hope I do not become one). There is only so much idiocy one can put up with, and I am pretty much done with the idiots ha ha

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
iv got a couple video's I don't pay any attention to the comments on. theres a lot of stupid people on the internet and you cant make everyone happy. focus on the positive let everything else roll off your back. 99.9% of the time negative comments don't bother me. every once in a while ill already be in a bad mood and a comment strike a nerve. but normally I just laugh at them just kind of comes with the territory.

MadBlaxe

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do remove comments, but the extremely rude ones only (don't comment just to be an a**). Also, your comment section is your responsibility, so some comments can get you in trouble.

But it does get frustrating when an idiot comments and is trying to "correct" me, when I said the same thing in the video. I used to just ignore them, but decided to play a little now. My channel is just a hobby, so major growth is not a major concern. I do not feel the need to kiss up to anyone ha ha. So now, when someone tries to argue with me, by saying exactly what I said in the video I reply with time stamps.

Something like - 'yes, as I said at (timestamp), and (timestamp)... did you actually watch the video?' Then put a smiley face... They get one snarky answer. If they are just looking for an argument, or being overly rude, I just delete it and block them from commenting. I simply do not need the negativity. As I get older I am starting to understand the grumpy old men (I do hope I do not become one). There is only so much idiocy one can put up with, and I am pretty much done with the idiots ha ha
i like what you wrote here
I simply do not need the negativity. As I get older I am pretty much done with the idiots ha ha ,this is how you deal with idiots and haters
[/QUOTE]

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Negative comments are way more beneficial for your channel than positive ones. I have a video that was a kind parody of an infomercial and it gets 90% negative comments that range from "I don't like this " to "You are an idiot and I hate your stinking guts". This video is my most popular video by a massive margin.

I used get all upset about it. Then I realized that it was the negative comments that were the driving force behind its popularity. Now I just say,

"Thank you for commenting and promoting my channel."

Reactions: MadBlaxe