Your Youtube Schedule

FactsBud

Reaction score
I'm struggling to create a schedule for myself for uploading videos. I see a lot of people are able to upload videos every day.

I do the editing + script myself and it takes more than a day to complete. Am I just distracted with other stuff? How long does it take you to edit a video etc 10min long?

MotionComedy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
I tend to upload videos every 3-4 days. My audience knows this, and they seem to accept my schedule, as they keep coming back :):tongue:

Create a schedule that is comfortable for you to stick to. Don't say you're going to upload daily if you can't! Even if you tell your audience you're going to upload once a week, they know exactly when to come to your channel to watch your video!

FactsBud

Reaction score
I tend to upload videos every 3-4 days. My audience knows this, and they seem to accept my schedule, as they keep coming back :):tongue:

Create a schedule that is comfortable for you to stick to. Don't say you're going to upload daily if you can't! Even if you tell your audience you're going to upload once a week, they know exactly when to come to your channel to watch your video!
Just starting off everything is in chaos lol. Just need to organise everything from script -> editing.

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
In the new year my schedule is to have 4 videos a month on my music channel, every Saturday with space on Wednesdays for new ideas and original music when it's ready. This is because it can take days to make the types of videos I do on there. However on my buried little side channel, I'll be uploading every other day since they're unscripted and take 30 minutes to edit (plus the quality is lower but that's part of the point of them).

My advice for you would be to get the videos you want to make sorted, as in, find out how long it takes you to make them and then create a schedule that fits it with some open space that you can experiment in.

Selim Keles

Nap King
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
for me its basically when ever i feel like it and have the energy nothing good will come out of it if i dont feel the mode know what im saying

FactsBud

Reaction score
In the new year my schedule is to have 4 videos a month on my music channel, every Saturday with space on Wednesdays for new ideas and original music when it's ready. This is because it can take days to make the types of videos I do on there. However on my buried little side channel, I'll be uploading every other day since they're unscripted and take 30 minutes to edit (plus the quality is lower but that's part of the point of them).

My advice for you would be to get the videos you want to make sorted, as in, find out how long it takes you to make them and then create a schedule that fits it with some open space that you can experiment in.
I wish I had a faster computer, rendering a 10 min video takes like 30 minutes...
Then I have to upload, tag, descriptions.... Its enjoyable though!

Reactions: MattyGreen

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I wish I had a faster computer, rendering a 10 min video takes like 30 minutes...
Then I have to upload, tag, descriptions.... Its enjoyable though!
I get ya man! My music based ones have taken up to 3 hours to export in the past. Media Encoder is a life saver!

FactsBud

Reaction score
I get ya man! My music based ones have taken up to 3 hours to export in the past. Media Encoder is a life saver!
Im not familiar with media encoder. I use premiere pro and just export the media. While exporting I can't use premier pro for the next project thats why it sucks.

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Im not familiar with media encoder. I use premiere pro and just export the media. While exporting I can't use premier pro for the next project thats why it sucks.
Use Media Encoder, you can still use Premiere while exporting as many projects as you want. Honestly, it'll half your working time!

FactsBud

Reaction score
Use Media Encoder, you can still use Premiere while exporting as many projects as you want. Honestly, it'll half your working time!
oh my gosh, I just read up Media Encoder...
Basically I can queue the project in media encoder and continue working in premiere pro / after effects.

Live saver! Thanks a lot.