Your Youtube Schedule

Werppeoo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've always tried to maintain uploads every Wednsday, but sometimes I upload more when I have a good idea for a video, but doing this I get lots of videos queued up so I don't have to crank them out like crazy and overall make worse content.

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
My schedule is as often as possible.
I can't have a set schedule, because my mood swings a lot lol

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I upload every Monday and Friday at 5pm GMT. I work around my full time job and social time as well. It takes me about 2 hours to edit a video, like adding music and the graphics etc.

DarkLiberator

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I upload every two or three days basically. I don't really upload on specific days.

Envision Adventure

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Every Monday, takes me around 3 hours to edit. I would like to go up to two videos a week at some point.

Penny Art

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I upload every week, but no particular day.I don't want to promise a time or schedule I can't honor.

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm struggling to create a schedule for myself for uploading videos. I see a lot of people are able to upload videos every day.

I do the editing + script myself and it takes more than a day to complete. Am I just distracted with other stuff? How long does it take you to edit a video etc 10min long?
Even though I'm new, we've seen some great growth over our first month or two (200+ subs). My tips about a schedule are to clearly communicate that with your audience. This can be done within your videos, or on your channel header (see my channel as an example). Even so, I'm thinking about refining my schedule to a more concrete timeline (for example: New Videos every Tuesday and Thursday!).

As for it feeling like "chaos" early on...that's perfectly normal. Luckily I have graphic design and editing experience, which helps...but I remember this feeling. Time + Repetition + Dedication = Efficiency. The more time you invest in developing your skills when you're NOT making a video (watch tutorials!) the easier things will be when you have to sit down and edit/produce a video.

Toast Gaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I upload every Wednesday and Saturday at 4pm EST. My videos tend to be 6-8 minutes long and I generally maintain the following schedule to ensure they are created:

Monday: edit, render & upload Wednesday's video (roughly 3-4 hours)
Tuesday: write script for Saturday's video, get gaming footage
Wednesday: nothing
Thursday: edit, render & upload Saturday's video (roughly 3-4 hours)
Friday: nothing
Saturday: write script for Wednesday's video, get gaming footage
Sunday: get more gaming footage and potentially some editing for Wednesday's video

Reactions: FRANKIEandEMILY

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Previously I had no schedule. But 2017 I am trying to upload every other day and already have 4 scheduled / lined up so I just want to keep on top of it when I have some free time.

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I know what you mean. Sometimes it tough to get a consistent schedule going. I mean for a channel like you have since it isnt a gaming or vlog channel. Once a week would be a good target to aim for. If you can do more do more, but once a week for your videos would be a nice treat for your subs.