Your youtube pet peeves 2017 edition!

Lekjih

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
  • certain video themes that have been done to death like the thousand degree knives, and the bee movie memes.
Yeah, they annoy me too, so I do my own versions. I've only got the hot knife mockup up on the channel at the moment, but I also have "yoga" with friends filmed and waiting for editing.

JesusGreen

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Two big ones:

People who don't understand why sub4sub is such a terrible idea even when it's explained to them. Since I'm coming up to 15k subscribers I decided to make a video sharing some of my general tips and things I've learned since I started. The very first thing I do in that video is go into a lengthy explanation of why sub4sub not only doesn't help you, but actually harms you.. and I STILL got people posting sub4sub comments on that very video.

The YouTube private message system and how terrible trying to format your messages with it is. I just encourage people to ask me questions on Twitter instead because the YouTube PM system is awful.

Naybor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm sure it's been said....but mine is
sub 4 sub????
It kills me! That's no way to build an actual community people! XD

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Check out my channel comments
Long intros
Monotonous videos
People who come to your channel, subscribe and never watch your videos
Youre a fake girl gamer comments
Spam in general
The trending page just why
People saying I wont succeed because gaming is oversaturated. In my eyes, I've already succeeded
And I think that's it....

Lekjih

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Youre a fake girl gamer comments

People saying I wont succeed because gaming is oversaturated. In my eyes, I've already succeeded
And I think that's it....
Oh my god yes. I'm thinking only half of it's the gaming, most gamers are using the game to connect with people and showcase their personality in a setting they're comfortable with. And while I'm not big enough to have had fake gamer girl comments yet, not only am I sure they're on their way, but I can't stand how often they're thrown about in general!

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Oh my god yes. I'm thinking only half of it's the gaming, most gamers are using the game to connect with people and showcase their personality in a setting they're comfortable with. And while I'm not big enough to have had fake gamer girl comments yet, not only am I sure they're on their way, but I can't stand how often they're thrown about in general!
They are awful! Tell em why I am a fake. and how. I have literally played video games my entire life.

Reactions: Lekjih

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Oh man, I love these threads.

1) It's my birthday today. Can I have 100 likes? *more than 100 amassed in just a few days*

Similar comments fishing for likes.

2) See notification, select comment, redirected to video, reply to comment, comment failed to post.

Fix your s**t, Google.

Reactions: Crown

pcastro51

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Maybe I'm old fashioned, but...

Clickbait. Clickbait. CLICK. BAIT. From the title and/or the thumbnail.

I get why you're doing it, but seriously...have some dignity man!

That and generic long intros. PLEASE just get to the point.

chill_bro_videos

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
People telling me my s**t sucks, when its completely not (trolls)

GhostRSA

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Being a very small youtuber what gets me is when a channel similar to mine produces less content and IMO could do with some attention to the quality, has more subs and grows faster than my channel.

Yes, I'm jealous I know... :D

Last edited: