• No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Kousuke-shii

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
So, I'm currently in the making of an Anime related video so obviously I'm gonna be using clips and pictures from different animes. The thing is, I see a lot of anime related channels get copyright strikes because of using parts from different animes.

My question is, how high are the chances that I'd get a copyright strike?
How will it affect my channel?
How do I counter it?

I need advice guys...

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It depends highly on who the copyright holder is. Some are cool with having their content used and some are not. Some chase after copyright violators and some don't. So you can't really say. You are only safe if you have a written broadcast permission. It's good practice to ask anyway.

Kousuke-shii

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
It depends highly on who the copyright holder is. Some are cool with having their content used and some are not. Some chase after copyright violators and some don't. So you can't really say. You are only safe if you have a written broadcast permission. It's good practice to ask anyway.
Oh that's pretty bad... I'm gonna try this video and see how it goes. If does well then great but if it doesn't.... I don't know what to do. Probably stick to gaming commentaries.

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
The thing is that if the video doesn't deal you a strike now it doesn't mean that it can't deal you a strike any time later. In case you then have multiple such videos you can kiss your channel goodbye.

Kousuke-shii

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
The thing is that if the video doesn't deal you a strike now it doesn't mean that it can't deal you a strike any time later. In case you then have multiple such videos you can kiss your channel goodbye.
That's gonna be a real problem... And getting written permission is basically impossible for a small youtube channel like mine. I think I'll take my chances with this one. No idea how other anime channels got big.

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
ContentID will likely find you as soon as you upload the video.

If you're not okay with them having the option to monetize your work, disable it in certain countries, or giving you a strike, you're best off not uploading it and taking the chance.

Sadly, I'm expecting you to start another thread relatively soon asking how to defend against the claim you're going to receive.

Super Pawsitive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I'd love to help, but you really haven't given us much to go on.

What is the video supposed to be on?
Does it fall under Fair Use?
Should you be posting it?

There's ways of fighting the content ID system. Especially if your videos can be classified under fair use. Though, without this information on how you plan to use these clips. You're not giving us much to help you.

Kousuke-shii

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
ContentID will likely find you as soon as you upload the video.

If you're not okay with them having the option to monetize your work, disable it in certain countries, or giving you a strike, you're best off not uploading it and taking the chance.

Sadly, I'm expecting you to start another thread relatively soon asking how to defend against the claim you're going to receive.
Are they gonna monetize every video of mine? Or is just one video? If it's like that then I think it's fine to have a few ads on one video. I'll probably earn nothing but I want to get the video out there.[DOUBLEPOST=1466750495,1466750383][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'd love to help, but you really haven't given us much to go on.

What is the video supposed to be on?
Does it fall under Fair Use?
Should you be posting it?

There's ways of fighting the content ID system. Especially if your videos can be classified under fair use. Though, without this information on how you plan to use these clips. You're not giving us much to help you.
I'm pretty sure commentating and critique falls under fair use. I'll be talking about shows I recommend and give a few advises on how to get into the community. That's fair use right? I'm just a little worried that my channel might get taken down, even if I'm just starting out.

Super Pawsitive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Just do it. Fair use is a fickle thing. Just make sure you use clips sparingly and try not to post an entire episode in a singular video. If you need help. You can dm me and I'll be willing to walk ya through the process on skype or Discord. Discord preferably.

Reactions: Kousuke-shii

Kousuke-shii

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Just do it. Fair use is a fickle thing. Just make sure you use clips sparingly and try not to post an entire episode in a singular video. If you need help. You can dm me and I'll be willing to walk ya through the process on skype or Discord. Discord preferably.
It's just a lot of anime images. Thank you for the advises man! I'll learn how the system works after this. If it gets a copyright strike, I'll probably return to you. LOL! Thanks again!

Reactions: Super Pawsitive