Why is Adsense being so difficult?

Katt Strike

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hey guys,

I've been having so many issues with Adsense that stretch back years. I'll try to be to the point; basically they are now saying that I need an active AdSense account to monetise my channel, but I can't have that without an external website with enough content? (If this is the case, how are other people doing it?)

I am at 50k views on my channel (with nearly 800 subs), these are organic and I get a lot of comments, etc.

Basically my Adsense account was linked to a defunct website, so I stupidly applied again with my channel. Before it was closed I changed the linked email but now adsense is disabled.

I don't want to appeal for my channel as they will only consider one appeal. I have no copyright strikes and my account is in good standing.

Can anyone help me?

This is so complicated and frustrating, and I feel that if I could just talk to an actual human at Google that this could be resolved.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the monetizations / partnership discussion forum. ^^

Katt Strike

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
@Katt Strike

You absolutely do not need an approved external site. You are going about the setup process the wrong way. Please wait until I have had lunch, and I will send you the proper procedure via Private Message here.
Thank you! I am beginning to wonder if the amount of covers I have on my channel is affecting it. My channel is in good standing and has no strikes on it though...

I tired PMing you back, but I'm not sure if it worked. I can see your PM though :)

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Try replying to my PM, please. To answer your question, once your channel comes under review, the musical covers will have a good chance of affecting it. They will be seen most likely as "duplicate content" which is the new term YT uses to refer to content whose copyright is owned by people other than the channel owner.

Let me eat, and I will get a bit more information from you regarding your Adsense struggle.