Why did my newest video do better than any of my others?

RonnocX

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi everyone!

So my channel is still relatively new (about a month old), and I've been doing primarily gaming content (which I know is hard to get viewers with nowadays but still) and the other day I decided to upload a Yugioh video (virtual Yugioh essentially)... And within 3 days it's gotten 45 views as opposed to 15 give or take my other videos get!

Of course I'm happy about this, but I don't feel as if it's my best video (didn't have as much time put into it as some other vids), I haven't done anything different, so I'm just not sure, I also haven't gained any subs or anything from it either, just views...
Any advice and/or opinions would be awesome! Thank you everyone :)

P.S. Still working on a schedule, channel art etc. I know some of it is a bit inconsistent :p

TopLion

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I sort of got the same, except I did a joke clickbait. I put no effort into that vid, yet it still get well over 10x my normal views. I feel like it doesn't count, considering I didn't put as much effort in compared to other videos.

There's a possibility that you hit a trending tag that may have affected your view count?

Mr Danny

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Sometimes YouTube is unexpected like that. Maybe that game in particular was very popular at the time or you hit a niche group of viewers. If you like that game, I say you keep doing videos on it. :)