javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've always wanted to go out and explore new and different websites to where I can share my content. I've so far done Reddit, Facebook, Google+, and a few random websites that are similar to Reddit like Empeopled but to no avail.

Reactions: darkstarmedia

Jake Fuller

I Vlog, Therefore I Am
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I only post them on my google+, Twitter, Facebook and here. I did things like reddit before but right now I am focusing on organic views and spending more time on improving my production rather then exposure for now.

Peter_Brown

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Okay, so sharing them on your own social media is fine, but it's not expanding your circle of viewers.

That is the key to growing on YouTube. Expanding your circle of viewers.

What kind of videos do you make?
Where do people who enjoy those videos hang out?
Can you share it multiple ways?
What are you bringing to those outside webpages that is unique?

I wrote a longish post on it on my website but

The long and the short is, share your content in places where you can reach new audiences, but don't just drop a link and run. You need to be part of that community. I share my videos in 6-8 places above and beyond my own social media. Sharing is the key to growth. IMHO

Reactions: Samantha McLean

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
Pinterest kinda works too and tumblr sometimes :) I tend to share in every social media that appears on youtube when the video is uploaded ^^ or when you click share

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I would say when you're first starting to experiment with as many different platforms as you can. Currently I'm using Reddit, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, Facebook, Periscope, Balb.im and Google+. Then after awhile, look at your data and follow Pareto's 80/20 principle. So look at the social medias that are giving you actual results, and then devote 80% of your time getting even better in those few, while still continuing to experiment with other platforms using the remaining 20% of your time. For me, I quickly realized Reddit was giving me over 30% of my views. So then I did research on it daily, giving it more focus, and now it gives me 60% of my views.

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would say when you're first starting to experiment with as many different platforms as you can. Currently I'm using Reddit, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, Facebook, Periscope, Balb.im and Google+. Then after awhile, look at your data and follow Pareto's 80/20 principle. So look at the social medias that are giving you actual results, and then devote 80% of your time getting even better in those few, while still continuing to experiment with other platforms using the remaining 20% of your time. For me, I quickly realized Reddit was giving me over 30% of my views. So then I did research on it daily, giving it more focus, and now it gives me 60% of my views.
Ya know, I do something similar to that! I post it to a bunch of places and check the views on it a week later or so and see how the views related to where I posted it look. I then focus in on those communities and try to join in with them.

PinProject

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Depends on your channel but you want to focus on maybe finding the smaller less popular websites that are constantly looking for content.

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
In my opinion, nothing trumps just posting on other videos, particularly popular ones. I'm not talking about spamming people to come check out your channel, but more so leave relevant responses that might entice others to check out who you are. You can spend your time and resource trying to market yourself on other sites, but nothing beats going to the actual source of your viewership, and that is YouTube itself.

DevinLandis

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I normally just try and stay active and comment on other creators videos that are similar to mine, but if you go this route make sure not to ask them to check out your channel or anything that seems like advertising. Just bring up a good point or give some tips and encouragement and then they will be more likely to watch your videos and hopefully subscribe. Good luck!