DuncanT

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys!

So about a little more than a month ago I started getting my first ever hate. Yes, it actually kinda destroyed me. Seeing videos I spent hours and hours creating being disliked by some ungrateful people.

But... I got less and less dislikes now?! Even on my last video I've got 0! Wait... maybe that one guy/girl from the UK will come again and dislike my video. Why? I really have no clue. He/she leaves no comment with feedback or anything...

Even though I do get some dislikes (I don't really mind... but it's not fun to see) I do get a lot of very nice comments! (Some actually make me blush... some girls really know how to make me smile hahaha)

So, what's your experience with haters? I know they come and go, but why do they even come at all?

Also, just for fun. What are some of your favorite comments you ever got on a video?

Caboose

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Since I keep an open mind all the time with me I can relate to people that dislike my videos and I really couldn't care less about it. Of course, when that dislike reaches a majority, then I can start to ask some questions about myself.

Reactions: DuncanT

Mirandapanda

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Who knows why haters do what they do?

Some haters genuinely don't like you or your content, some are just mean people, some are going through stuff and want to project their negative feelings onto you. Sometimes the hate is enduring, where they dislike span everything you do even for months to come, sometimes they will troll your comment section (good for your channel since it adds to your comments and views), and sometimes the hate wanes and they move on or forget about you. Especially if you never take their bait and respond to the hate (hey, nice rhyme!).

I once had a hater who commented and dm-ed some really ugly words to me, calling me awful names. I'm cool with people saying I suck or my content sucks, but derogatory name calling or threats are not tolerated and turn into an instant block and report. So I did this, and they immediately started disliking all of my videos on multiple accounts. This persisted for a few months, until they either forgot about me, realized I wouldn't take the bait, or got through whatever bad thing they were going through in life.

It's important to not care about the hate, and focus on the positives. Take note of criticism if it's constructive, but don't let it mess with you. It's your content not theirs, so the only opinion that matters in the end is your own.

Henry Gallimore

I WANT TO DIE
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Haters gonna hate. Actually I like to think of it like this:

We all have different preferences, flavors and opinions. I've disliked videos before, admittedly on large videos where it will go unnoticed but none the less! I've done it. I'M A FILTHY PERSON.

The internet can be a storm of mob mentality, unadulterated hate and savage trolling (It can be pretty funny) and part of the reason for this is the disconnect from the physical interaction that is broken up by the proxy that we call the web. For the same reason that people are more likely to roast you and type the most vulgar of statements, is the same reason we should take a step back and not be so affected by it. In fact, in the words of H3H3productions, 'Embrace the meme'.

Obviously this is just my opinion on the internet so feel free to s**t all over it.

Reactions: DuncanT and Dryve

Dryve

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah, I'm in a similar situation at the moment... some guy decided he doesn't like me so he gets alts/friends to dislike my videos... he even threatened that a popular friend of his would make a video about me telling people to go dislike my channel... but he deletes all his comments before I can respond so I can't find out more so I dont know if that did happen, but I have 20 dislikes on my latest video, which is over double what i get on average, and they all have come in the first couple days. It is very frustrating, but I just look at all of the positive comments and focus on that! Don't let haters get you down, most of them just do it cuz they want to annoy people and get a response. If there is criticism/ comments about what you could improve on, then perhaps you should listen and use it to improve, but if it's just mindless hate it isn't worth your time - don't worry about it!

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Oh, I have someone who randomly shows up to my videos and dislikes every one of them, but only every couple of weeks. It's really flattering, actually, because it's a real chore to remember to go to my channel, click on all the links, dislike, and move on. I'm somebody's evil hobby, hooray!

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Haven't had any hate lately myself no wait...I have, if you want 0 dislikes, never ever go to the Reddit forums, ever. Lol they can be a toxic bunch sometimes.

Tabbes

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
It is very random. They could get mad out of nowhere or just be having a really bad day, at least, that's what it sounds like.

DuncanT

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Nevermind! The hater is back at it again with the dislike. I feel a bond with this guy/girl just because he/she keeps coming back.

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Block them all. Anything abusive is reported. Zero tolerance.
Videos that attract the most negativity had their comments disabled.
I would have a field day as Trump's social media manager hahahaha.