What's Your Strategy To Grow On YouTube In 2017

I started the year with the goal of publishing one "hero" video every month and developing a good quality weekly video blog. I haven't quite made it, but I'm close and the results have been well worth the effort.

SEO is the priority, because at the beginning no one will know you exist - people finding you is your goal, regular/constant uploads are also part of seo, your channel being active increases your search ranks. Next you should focus on building your community, reply to every comment and be active in general on social media; twitter/facebook, even on youtube itself (not including your channel).

That's essentially what you can do on the website-side, of course making great and well optimized videos is probably the main focus, otherwise everything above is useless...

Great question, thank you! I'm hitting 30 videos published today, but my channel is still so young so not many subs or views. So I need to : increase social media activity and build awareness, improve SEO and target keywords more cleverly, stick to as close to one video a day uploaded as I can, and diversify the content to my intended offerings (improving quality and appeal).

This WILL happen :)
Congrats. I see you do not use gloves any more. Good luck!

In my opinion there is no strategy. And if there is it's to work hard and make stuff that you actually want to make. Don't make things that other people want to see because it's never going to work out. If you are passionate about a video it will show.
So my advice is to make whatever you want. Don't worry about the numbers. That's a byproduct of your hard work.

In my opinion there is no strategy. And if there is it's to work hard and make stuff that you actually want to make. Don't make things that other people want to see because it's never going to work out. If you are passionate about a video it will show.
So my advice is to make whatever you want. Don't worry about the numbers. That's a byproduct of your hard work.

You make a good point. I'm just starting out, and I enjoy learning along the way. I hope I can continue to learn and grow. I'm always thankful for the views and comments I get, and I've been able to stay consistent. I don't know what the future holds, but I,m enjoying the adventure!

Create videos that are more targeted to the largest audience I can get. Niche videos are great, but the bread and butter should be general videos that cast the widest net in order to increase growth. The more niche videos are specifically to cater to your core viewers.

This is what I'm looking at as well, probably from a different spot but my current videos are too niche to grow my channel any more and I need to expand to larger audience games. I get really bogged down with doing specific viewer requests, and sometimes they are good ideas, but a lot of the time it's filler content for me that I know will not do anything to increase my audience. I just do it because it's easy and I need to step up my game and go back to going after big potential videos that I had success with in the past. I've been too much on autopilot for the past 6 months.

Keep consistently posting - for me, that's going to be about twice a week.

My personal strategy is going to involve a lot of centring around my university, honestly; the reason I started a YouTube was because even outside of my friendship circle, dozens (literally) of my class mates and coworkers in the Union suggested or asked me to make one, so I'm gonna talk to people about what videos they'd like to see from me and grow by word of mouth at the same time as I work on my tags and titles on the site.

Back