Whats essential to an entertaining vlog?

Ruben The God

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello!
I am wondering what you all think a vlog MUST have for it to be good/entertaining etc?
I do not my blogs to be boring and what not.

Reactions: Heather Gryffin
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just took a quick look at your channel, content wise it is completely up to you and what you do in your daily life. However, when watching your recent video I do get distracted by the tiny bit too loudish music.(Purely based on your last video) It's fine when you're not speaking, but when you are, I really have to focus on what you are saying. Just a little tip. I do like the content itself very much though. There is only one daily-vlogger up to this day who I actually watch everyday, and I find his videos to be enjoyable every single day. His username is 'Funforlouis', take a look at his videos I'd say!

Reactions: Ruben The God

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

The success of a Vlogging channel is essentially down to the personality of the creator. Who is popular in real life that you know? Analyse WHY. That's your answer.

oscarflowers

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
there are two ways, really. first, try and make your vocal content as interesting, informative and simple to understand as possible. redo it if your intonation is wrong or if you come across in the wrong way. i often watch videos simply to listen to the person speaking, so mad visuals aren't something that's going to endlessly capture me. try watching a video of yours without looking at the video itself, and see if you can understand the basic premise of the video.

or, you could go down the route of making the video as creative as possible. interesting visuals through editing away to cut aways (comedy skits, artsy shots of landscapes, you name it!) can influence how your words are taken across, and your audience can be more captured by that, or have a clearer understanding of your points.

entertainment, though, is of course, subjective. you've got to think of how a viewer of yours would be entertained, and whether the people that are being entertained by your videos are the ones you want to be entertained. if not, try something new!