Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When I was a freshman in high school I discovered a channel called the computer nerd01 he made parody’s. when I started watching the computer nerd 01 I thought to myself man I wish I could make videos like that, but at that time making an actual channel never really crossed my mind because I didn’t think I could do it. In my sophomore year of high I discovered a YouTuber named Shane Dawson and when I watched him do skits and found out he ended up in a commercial and made his own films and watched videos about his life story I thought wow this guy is really inspiring and I have things in common with him, I hope one day I can do what he does. A year later after I graduated high school I decided to make a channel. The first time I made a video it was really scary because when I was in school I wasn’t liked much so I thought everyone was going to hate me just like school, but that’s not true.

What YouTuber inspired you to make videos?

Digital Beast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Honestly, maybe if any, the earlier version of Pewdiepie.

Maybe markiplier? It honestly blew my mind that someone could make vids on the internet, get paid, AND play video games :V.

Reactions: huntermourad

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly, maybe if any, the earlier version of Pewdiepie.

Maybe markiplier? It honestly blew my mind that someone could make vids on the internet, get paid, AND play video games :V.
Same I never thought Thought you could make a living off the internet, but I really think it’s awesome for the people that do.

Reactions: huntermourad

Boki

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Initially, it was Jelloapocalypse's video "Welcome to YouTube", which should seriously be pinned somewhere on the forum. It is a really, really GREAT introduction to YouTubing. It is what hooked me to being a YouTuber, as opposed just consuming videos.
What tipped the balance to me actually becoming one is Tabbes. If you haven't watched her videos, she has a really flat voice, and I've seen that she was posting on this forums a while ago. I realized that I don't have to have Markiplier's charisma to actually YouTube - I just went in with what I had and I loved it. :)

Annie's Vegan Journey

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I loved 'High Carb Hannah' because I have always loved tiny houses, and I was intrigued with the vegan community at the time and I was so inspired by her weight loss journey. And 'Cheap Lazy Vegan' just because I love her cheap and lazy cooking style lol!

Reactions: Courtney Candice

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I dont think any channel has really inspired me. I had a channel at the beginnings on YouTube when no one got paid - it was just for fun.
Mainly junk channels with single viral videos. No SEO / branding etc. Just raw unedited footage I watched.

Actually I have taken one inspiration from the 'Charlie bit my finger' video. Both myself and my mum loved that video. The name stuck during my wifes pregnancy and eventually named our eldest son Charlie.

Reactions: Courtney Candice

FireShock

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Many, many YouTubers. AVGN and Nostalgia Critic are the main two. But, over time guys like JonTron, SomecallmeJohnny and Caddicarus were the ones that made me a fan of review based videos and talking about pieces of media in an comedy style way. I thought I would like to give a try on my old channel and started. But, I feel like now I am much better than I was with putting a point forward and adding more jokes to my videos :)

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
For me the first ones that inspired me were 'HCBailly,' and 'James Rolfe aka AVGN.' I always wanted to make videos like they did. But overtime 'Nostalgia Critic,' 'SomecallmeJohnny,' 'Exploring with Josh,' and 'The Completionist' became the ones I follow most. I still love 'Cinemassacre' but I watch a lot of other people now that I draw inspiration from when browsing or creating content for myself and Youtube. =]