What Warning or Advice do you have for New Youtubers

JoseeyM

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
What do you all think Youtubers just starting YouTube with YouTube new policy should do to avoid violating any of their rules or be successful on YouTube and also get to the level of great YouTubers....
and also advice on what to do to get more views and subscribers including methods and how to do it... What do you all think

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
This place has a lot of tips and tricks already. But the most important would be quality over quantity and know how to promote your channel and videos!
I recommend you to have a look and see what tips and tricks that suits you!

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
There is the current loooooong text of TOS youtube provides. Assuming we all agreed to those rules before proceeding to make a channel. Well, haven,t met a person (including my self) that have read and clarified those rules yet... :p In general, use your own stuff in your videos, credit whatever third party material you use and if you are small channel (like me) forget monetisation and similar for now. Maybe later. Have fun, provide something free available or useful among whatever else you create and that,s it. Welcome to the crowd, hope you make it one day to the top! Whatever the top you wish is. :)

Reactions: Devin and JoseeyM

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Not necessarily a rules issue, but the advice I would give to all new YouTubers is:
- do not have a sense of entitlement when it comes to monetization. It is a privilege, not a right
- it is a really stupid business model to try and build a business with only one customer who can cut you off at any time (ie YouTube is your one and only customer buying advertising space on your channel)

Reactions: Devin and JoseeyM

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
1.Never do sub for sub, that’s a bad way to grow your channel you want people to subscribe to you because they like your content not for a free follow.
2.always be yourself
3.youtube isn’t out to get you, I’ve seen so many people say youtube doesn’t want anyone to succeed that’s not true and if you think that way you won’t.
4. Don’t do youtube just for fame and money.
5.dont treat fellow YouTubers like their your enemy, I’ve seen so many people treat other YouTubers badly because they look at them like their composition.

JoseeyM

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
1.Never do sub for sub, that’s a bad way to grow your channel you want people to subscribe to you because they like your content not for a free follow.
2.always be yourself
3.youtube isn’t out to get you, I’ve seen so many people say youtube doesn’t want anyone to succeed that’s not true and if you think that way you won’t.
5.dont treat fellow YouTubers like their your enemy, I’ve seen so many people treat other YouTubers badly because they look at them like their composition.
Wow thanks for the advice... love the way you explained everything will sure follow through[DOUBLEPOST=1530796507,1530795286][/DOUBLEPOST]love the advice you all giving will make sure i follow through on all of them

Reactions: Courtney Candice

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wow thanks for the advice... love the way you explained everything will sure follow through[DOUBLEPOST=1530796507,1530795286][/DOUBLEPOST]love the advice you all giving will make sure i follow through on all of them
You’re welcome!:)

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
2.always be yourself
Cool advice. I'll add-
Do it for the fun, not the fame. It'll come off on camera if you're forcing yourself to do something you don't really like or care about just for views.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
1. Do it for you and no one else. If you do not like what you are producing your heart is not going to be in it and viewers have the uncanny ability to sniff that out.
2. Never, ever buy views or subscribers. It is painfully obvious to anyone who knows how to read patterns on socialblade and it makes you a huge fake.
3. Be active in your nice / topic. Comment on the videos you watch, but never, ever mention "please check out my channel or watch my videos"