What made you decide to make a YouTube channel?

What made you decide to have a YouTube Channel? I have always been the shy kid growing up. This has caused me to have very low friend count. I heard stories of people using Youtube as a way to become more sociable, and it's also a great way to meet people who have the same interest as you. Plus I watch it all day long, might as well be apart of the community right?

Were you nervous about making videos at first? If so how did you over come it? I have told myself I was going to record countless amount of videos. There were even sometimes that I would record myself, but never edit and of course never upload. I came to the conclusion that everyone (well mostly, unless you are some video making god) is not perfect in their first video. I accepted that and decided to upload my first video, which was day number 1 of my daily vlogs. I wanted to do daily vlogs to push myself to become more comfortable infront of the camera. Making a video everyday would lead me to more practice. Thus, becoming a better YouTuber. I feel like if I would of done weekly videos I would still feel nervous infront of the camera.

How did you take your first negative comment or your first dislike? I didn't receive my first dislike or negative moment until 2 months into making videos. It was a video about the 'Gangnam Style Theory' (A theory that once Gangnam Style reached 1 billion views, the world was going to end. Sure enough, it reached 1 billion views on Dec. 21 2012, what are the odds of that). Someone called me gay, which i'm not sure if he ment the theory I was talking about, or me in general. I didn't let it get to me, and he eventually deleted his comment LOL. I haven't received that many dislikes so far in my YouTube career, as I have 500 more likes than I do dislikes. I don't let them get to me, because it's just numbers.

Wow, who knew I could type that much about what made me create a YouTube Channel haha. /over achiever.

Originally it was just to subscibe to people so I got notified of when they uploaded. But I started to upload because I loved Gaming and TheSyndicateProject sort of inspired me, I wanted to be like him and I thought it would be really cool to have people wanting to see your videos :)

What made you decide to have a YouTube Channel? I have always been the shy kid growing up. This has caused me to have very low friend count. I heard stories of people using Youtube as a way to become more sociable, and it's also a great way to meet people who have the same interest as you. Plus I watch it all day long, might as well be apart of the community right?

Were you nervous about making videos at first? If so how did you over come it? I have told myself I was going to record countless amount of videos. There were even sometimes that I would record myself, but never edit and of course never upload. I came to the conclusion that everyone (well mostly, unless you are some video making god) is not perfect in their first video. I accepted that and decided to upload my first video, which was day number 1 of my daily vlogs. I wanted to do daily vlogs to push myself to become more comfortable infront of the camera. Making a video everyday would lead me to more practice. Thus, becoming a better YouTuber. I feel like if I would of done weekly videos I would still feel nervous infront of the camera.

How did you take your first negative comment or your first dislike? I didn't receive my first dislike or negative moment until 2 months into making videos. It was a video about the 'Gangnam Style Theory' (A theory that once Gangnam Style reached 1 billion views, the world was going to end. Sure enough, it reached 1 billion views on Dec. 21 2012, what are the odds of that). Someone called me gay, which i'm not sure if he ment the theory I was talking about, or me in general. I didn't let it get to me, and he eventually deleted his comment LOL. I haven't received that many dislikes so far in my YouTube career, as I have 500 more likes than I do dislikes. I don't let them get to me, because it's just numbers.

Wow, who knew I could type that much about what made me create a YouTube Channel haha. /over achiever.
Great post kgatv and i was nervous when i first started making videos and i was worried about what people might think and the dislikes but you have to do what you like to do and have fun doing it. Ignore the supidity and i was thinking about making my comments approved before being posted because we have so many ignorant people in this world.:D

What made you decide to have a YouTube Channel? I wanted to share my gaming experiences.
were you nervous about making videos at first? If so how did you over come it? No, I livestreamed first before making videos on YouTube.
How did you take your first negative comment or your first dislike? I flipped my hair and went to make another video.

I originally made a channel just so I could comment on videos. As time went on and I decided I wanted to start making videos of my own, I made a new channel, since I had adopted a new username through streams. I was pretty nervous at first, and it took me a good while before I got into the habit of actually being able to think of stuff to say pretty often, but as it went on, I just got more and more open and all. The negativity was a bit off putting at first, but I was lucky to make friends who also did Let's Plays and we sort of encouraged each other.

i used to be part of a student radio station and i love gaming so i am okish at talking to myself for long periods of time and thought it would be a good thing to fill my time since i am ony at college 3 days a week so what to do for 4 days other that try and entertain people. :)
That's really good finding ways to use your time productively! Same here as well i thought that since i talked to myself a lot why not make youtube videos allowing me to sread my thoughts and hopefully gain confidence etc

I made a YouTube channel because I wanted show off a magic trick.

That was way back in 2007, I've a 2nd account called FluffnRipples; which was my 1st original account and I still have that account.

Around 2 years ago I was having problems with depression (this already sounds like some cheesy thing you would hear in an ad) was trying to find stuff to do to get out of it and eventually thought to myself "well, I really enjoy watching let's plays and gaming videos in general, why not start a channel?", So I did just that and I noticed that I really enjoyed doing it, it helped me experience video games in a different way.

I never really had problems talking while being recorded in any way (strangely enough I'm really shy in person or hell, in a skype call), I felt it came naturally even if my english vocabulary was kind of crap back then (it still is, but I guess it is improving lol). I eventually gave up with the channel because I didn't really like how it was turning out, I took a break for about a year.
In January I started my new channel, this time I told to myself I was actually going to put some effort into it now that I have a fairly strong computer, been uploading videos ever since.

When I got my first comment it was quite nice to be honest, it just quoted something I said in the vid and "subbed!" in the end, made me feel all fuzzy inside, as for the dislikes...none yet! I try my best to make my content good, I guess a dislike would only push me to improve more.

I made a Youtube Channel not just for enternaiment, so could show my productions of college, media coursework.. feel free check them out ive made a trailer, animation and adverts :)

Back