What do you think about this idea?

KiddoWave

Releasing a freestyle song every Tuesday, it will be a series titled "TuneTuesdays". I would put my music over some popular gameplay and other days do my commentary videos! Do you think it's a good idea?

Personally I'm not into Rap and Hip-Hop but I think you have a good Idea here. I watched the latest video you have posted of TuneTuesdays and there is very little to me that indicates that it's the type of video you are describing. The Thumbnail and Title should be indicative of what people are going to get. Someone may pass thru your channel and see Halo written all over your channel without seeing TuneTuesdays.

I have a couple of suggestions. Firstly, isn't there an editor mode in Halo 5? I recommend going into it and removing the HUD elements with the editor but keep the first person perspective on. This would get rid of the pesky HUD elements that can be distracting. Doing this will also fancy up the video by a lot, trust me.

Furthermore, work on the Thumbnails. In that Halo Editor there is a screenshot/photo mode you can use. Either transfer the images from the halo editor or record the image you created and make a screenshot out of that bit with your video editor. For instance, in Sony Vegas you can make an image from a single shot and save it. The mistake a lot of people make with thumbnails is that they go overboard with them sometimes. There doesn't need to be text or icons in a thumbnail. Sometimes all you need is a good single closeup shot of what is in the video. Don't be afraid to get creative with screen shot making just don't go overboard with editing the image afterwards with text, effects and icons. Look at thumbnails for music videos that come from Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift for instance, you will get an idea of what I've tried to describe. Just make the thumbnails be directly related to the footage of the video though. Don't bastardize the video and your channel by putting butts and boobs in the thumbnails to attract viewers even if you are freestlying about women.

I'd also recommend working on re-titling the Tune Tuesday videos to something of the effect like:

Tune Tuesdays - "Song Name Here" (Halo 5 Music Video/Freestyling)

Play around with the titling to get something that simply describes what is in the video. Including the gametype doesn't matter. It's a freestyle over some Halo 5 gameplay. That's all that should matter.

Work on your tags as well. Try to include "Halo 5 Music Video" "Halo 5 Freestyling" and other related subject matter in your tag section. I hope I've given you some good insight. I believe you have a real good idea, passion and talent with this freestyling thing and I hope it really helps grow your channel.

Personally I'm not into Rap and Hip-Hop but I think you have a good Idea here. I watched the latest video you have posted of TuneTuesdays and there is very little to me that indicates that it's the type of video you are describing. The Thumbnail and Title should be indicative of what people are going to get. Someone may pass thru your channel and see Halo written all over your channel without seeing TuneTuesdays.

I have a couple of suggestions. Firstly, isn't there an editor mode in Halo 5? I recommend going into it and removing the HUD elements with the editor but keep the first person perspective on. This would get rid of the pesky HUD elements that can be distracting. Doing this will also fancy up the video by a lot, trust me.

Furthermore, work on the Thumbnails. In that Halo Editor there is a screenshot/photo mode you can use. Either transfer the images from the halo editor or record the image you created and make a screenshot out of that bit with your video editor. For instance, in Sony Vegas you can make an image from a single shot and save it. The mistake a lot of people make with thumbnails is that they go overboard with them sometimes. There doesn't need to be text or icons in a thumbnail. Sometimes all you need is a good single closeup shot of what is in the video. Don't be afraid to get creative with screen shot making just don't go overboard with editing the image afterwards with text, effects and icons. Look at thumbnails for music videos that come from Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift for instance, you will get an idea of what I've tried to describe. Just make the thumbnails be directly related to the footage of the video though. Don't bastardize the video and your channel by putting butts and boobs in the thumbnails to attract viewers even if you are freestlying about women.

I'd also recommend working on re-titling the Tune Tuesday videos to something of the effect like:

Play around with the titling to get something that simply describes what is in the video. Including the gametype doesn't matter. It's a freestyle over some Halo 5 gameplay. That's all that should matter.

Work on your tags as well. Try to include "Halo 5 Music Video" "Halo 5 Freestyling" and other related subject matter in your tag section. I hope I've given you some good insight. I believe you have a real good idea, passion and talent with this freestyling thing and I hope it really helps grow your channel.

I really appreciate this comment helps a lot, I will look at everything you said and switch it up! I believe if I changed that I got something![DOUBLEPOST=1447866788,1447866547][/DOUBLEPOST]

Hopefully I can find someone that can get me that Halo 5 gameplay maybe a collab !

Back