What can I do to grow my channel and improve my audience numbers??

And_Roo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have put a decent amount of time into making my channel look somewhat professional! I created my banner from scratch and try to make popping thumbnails to get people attention, yet I'm still not getting many views or responses on my few videos I have up. I know I've only been doing it for about a week or so now but I'm really trying to put up quality content as far as vlogs and motorcycle related videos. What more do I need to improve on over all on my channel that would draw more views in? Do I need to change a few things? Any feedback or constructive criticism would be very appreciated!

theredletterORG

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey And_Roo,

I checked out your channel and two of your vids. I like your channel and think that it definitely could grow and be huge!

I do have a few suggestions, i noticed on your channel banner you have a twitter handle, Instagram and Facebook account, but because of the way your channel banner falls I can't see what they are! There is an option when you view your channel through your dashboard and hover your mouse over the banner and click the pen option to edit links, that allows you to add links to all your social media accounts right at the bottom right of the banner, you should do that and definitely add the links to your accounts in the description of your videos! That way potential subscribers can follow you on your social media accounts as well! If I found your channel through youtube search right now, I have no way to follow you outside of youtube!

I think and this is just my opinion, that what really caught my interest was when you were speaking about your motorcycle and focusing on things to do with that! I believe that is where your channel will stand out in your vlogs over others, I would love to see more content focused on that aspect!

I will definitely be watching to catch some more content in the future!

Winger94

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello Roo! I checked your latest video and the channel in general and maybe i can give you some tips, despite pure vlog channels are not my cup of tea.
The first thing I noticed is that you are using the default channel page layout and that isn't good if you want to make the channel more professional so you should change it to the customizable one by clicking on the cog next to the subscribe button, under the banner. In that way you will have many more sections (playlists, discussion, about) and it will be much better.

Going next I think you have a problem with the SEO (Search Engine Optimization), aka title tags and description. Now, as I said, I'm not into pure vlogs ( I have a LP channel) so I don't know what keywords can be best for visibility in vlog cases.
But a general tip can be to put a video name and then something else, to make the title more appealing.
For the description you can add more and more informations about you, the video or something you talk about during the video, or also you can put links for your social media or other videos you made and creating a chain view session!

For the tags it's the same as the title and I can't help you further I'm sorry D: .
Anyway don't give up and keep trying!

Reactions: theredletterORG

And_Roo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thank you both! I took into consideration of what both of you have said and have revamped my banner to include more legible views of my social as well as added the links for people to just click and jump straight to them. I also redid some of my video descriptions to include the social media links and with a little more info about the videos. I also switch to the custom page layout for better viewing. If there is anything else that would suit me better please let me know! Thank you once again!

Reactions: Winger94

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Lol you only have 3 videos what do you expect?
It's lucky to even get 100 views per video for new channels so just wait it out and post regularly.

And_Roo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Lol you only have 3 videos what do you expect?
It's lucky to even get 100 views per video for new channels so just wait it out and post regularly.
I don't expect anything, I was asking for advice on what I can improve in the mean time.....thanks for being a real positive upbringing there.

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't expect anything, I was asking for advice on what I can improve in the mean time.....thanks for being a real positive upbringing there.
It's what I do

Zentraxius

Reaction score
From what I can tell, with the bit of research I've done (which granted is not a whole lot), there are a few things you can do to grow a channel.

First and foremost, consistency, you want to consistently make 1-2 videos a day(ideally) for as long as possible, people see you're dropping videos daily and they're more likely to check back in and bring other people in too. Making videos less often can work, but once a week may not be the best schedule plan for you if you don't already have some attention already(Plus it seems like the successful channels that do once a weeks put so much more effort into their videos, animations, designs, big competitions, songs, etc).

Secondly, try to bring attention to your videos in relevant content and situations, for example one of my first videos was how to get a particular quest done easily on Dungeon Defenders 2, because it was relevant and more of the guide-sense, I linked it to the forums for that game in case other people found it helpful. Turns out at least 1-2 people got some use out of it. If you're videos aren't guidebased or something similar it can be a bit harder to get it out to the right people. I see that yours are regarding motorcycles, and, one in particular, was motorcycle repair. I would advise checking reddit for a motorcycle subreddit and posting there, since it would be pretty relevant.

Third, this one can be seen as kind of scummy by some people, but that is to, essentially, click-bait your titles. What that means is put titles on your video that are very tempting and interesting, but also relevant. Of course you want to make sure it's relevant, if you're video is aimed towards a professional/older/etc crowd, caps and flair may not be right for you. For example if your target audience was people watching cat videos, something like "THE 5 CUTEST KITTENS ALIVE TODAY" would get more attention than Jace the Mixed Breed Cat. Now you're doing what looks like Motorcycle repair and maintenence, could try something like "Repairing my Yamaha R6 Coolant Diag" for example.

Fourth, Collaborations, if you know people who do similar things near you, try doing a collaboration video, if you and someone else both collab with each other it generates notice for both of you based off both your sub/followers, obviously for small channels it doesn't amount to much, but if you have a friend who's in youtube it can definitely help you take off. Try doing videos with other youtubers or social media people, you can get alot of traffic that way. Bigger youtubers with millions of subs collaborating together can generate so much for both of them.

Fifth, the least pleasant option, is simply Time. If you've been putting out videos and whatnot for months and are still getting under 30-40 views then at that point it might be a problem, but for someone who just started I think you're doing better than most, certainly are doing better than me. Time is the best way to ensure you get noticed, time alone won't get you big but if you're pushing out consistent and quality videos for long periods of time, eventually you're going to grow. It will take more than just that(usually) to get "big big" but opportunities are likely to present themselves as you grow

Extras: Of course if you can get big/popular advertisement that can definitely help, I know some youtubers used to have their channels advertised in the 15-30s ads before videos, some people get shoutouts from already big youtubers, some of them win competitions, some have videos go Viral, and some people simply follow the major trends. My channels just started, like yours, but honestly you're doing arguably better than me so far, if anything I should be asking you for a review. Once you get to a certain point(have been putting out videos for a while, start to catch attention, etc) eventually growth just picks up. Proper advertising(if possible) definitely helps, but at a certain point your channel starts to grow itself without you having to do anything else other than keep putting out videos. For example Markiplier grows thousands of subscribers overnight while he sleeps, because he's got enough setup by that point that he's good to go.

The Black Mastadonte

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Patience my friend. You wont become famous overnight. Keep posting regularly and you'll make it

And_Roo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
From what I can tell, with the bit of research I've done (which granted is not a whole lot), there are a few things you can do to grow a channel.

First and foremost, consistency, you want to consistently make 1-2 videos a day(ideally) for as long as possible, people see you're dropping videos daily and they're more likely to check back in and bring other people in too. Making videos less often can work, but once a week may not be the best schedule plan for you if you don't already have some attention already(Plus it seems like the successful channels that do once a weeks put so much more effort into their videos, animations, designs, big competitions, songs, etc).

Secondly, try to bring attention to your videos in relevant content and situations, for example one of my first videos was how to get a particular quest done easily on Dungeon Defenders 2, because it was relevant and more of the guide-sense, I linked it to the forums for that game in case other people found it helpful. Turns out at least 1-2 people got some use out of it. If you're videos aren't guidebased or something similar it can be a bit harder to get it out to the right people. I see that yours are regarding motorcycles, and, one in particular, was motorcycle repair. I would advise checking reddit for a motorcycle subreddit and posting there, since it would be pretty relevant.

Third, this one can be seen as kind of scummy by some people, but that is to, essentially, click-bait your titles. What that means is put titles on your video that are very tempting and interesting, but also relevant. Of course you want to make sure it's relevant, if you're video is aimed towards a professional/older/etc crowd, caps and flair may not be right for you. For example if your target audience was people watching cat videos, something like "THE 5 CUTEST KITTENS ALIVE TODAY" would get more attention than Jace the Mixed Breed Cat. Now you're doing what looks like Motorcycle repair and maintenence, could try something like "Repairing my Yamaha R6 Coolant Diag" for example.

Fourth, Collaborations, if you know people who do similar things near you, try doing a collaboration video, if you and someone else both collab with each other it generates notice for both of you based off both your sub/followers, obviously for small channels it doesn't amount to much, but if you have a friend who's in youtube it can definitely help you take off. Try doing videos with other youtubers or social media people, you can get alot of traffic that way. Bigger youtubers with millions of subs collaborating together can generate so much for both of them.

Fifth, the least pleasant option, is simply Time. If you've been putting out videos and whatnot for months and are still getting under 30-40 views then at that point it might be a problem, but for someone who just started I think you're doing better than most, certainly are doing better than me. Time is the best way to ensure you get noticed, time alone won't get you big but if you're pushing out consistent and quality videos for long periods of time, eventually you're going to grow. It will take more than just that(usually) to get "big big" but opportunities are likely to present themselves as you grow

Extras: Of course if you can get big/popular advertisement that can definitely help, I know some youtubers used to have their channels advertised in the 15-30s ads before videos, some people get shoutouts from already big youtubers, some of them win competitions, some have videos go Viral, and some people simply follow the major trends. My channels just started, like yours, but honestly you're doing arguably better than me so far, if anything I should be asking you for a review. Once you get to a certain point(have been putting out videos for a while, start to catch attention, etc) eventually growth just picks up. Proper advertising(if possible) definitely helps, but at a certain point your channel starts to grow itself without you having to do anything else other than keep putting out videos. For example Markiplier grows thousands of subscribers overnight while he sleeps, because he's got enough setup by that point that he's good to go.
Wow that's the longest reply I've gotten lol. Thanks for taking the time to explain everything!!