What Are The Odds?

That...doesn't make any sense at all in my opinion. If you love something, and I mean have loved it for years and years, you wouldn't just hate it when you start making money off of it, you would probably even love it more!

you will learn young one....

i use to be into paintball a lot but after starting to make money off of it i could not just take a break i had to go to the field even when i did not feel like it, i killed it by doing it over and over! *definition of insanity*

i use to love racing rc's and started doing it for work after being associated with it for so long i soon learned to hate it.

i use to be a air cadet and did it for fun no regrets! many of my friends are now pilots and all sold there plane's now that they do it for work and once again they enjoy it but not like how they use to...

the best way to put it to much of one thing is never good whether its sex or chocolate or youtube....[DOUBLEPOST=1367872254,1367872151][/DOUBLEPOST]
Haha, at my pace, I couldn't live off of YouTube for another 3-4 years.

and even then your daily job is consistent income.. don't have to worry about cpms and stuff wellll maybe you do but will just say the money is there at your job

Let me quickly rephrase my statement I made earlier. Yes, I want to make money off of youtube but in reality I NEED to make money off of youtube. My day job has me work long crazy hours and precludes me getting a second job somewhere else and circumstances will require me to get a second job soon. So, I used to make videos when I was younger and decided why not give the long shot a chance. I will say, I think I am making about $1.50/hour at this point...tops.

There are too many factors in play to say that 25 million views would get you there. In my category, you could probably do it if half of the views were monetized-but there's also the question of expenses. What we make from YouTube and what our net profit is are completely different things. There are also alternate sources of revenue when you're on YouTube. If you do reviews and get paid per review, then you can easily exceed $50k before you even factor in YouTube ad revenue.

Get your $20 Wreckless Eating iPhone covers people! Genuine article, get them while the last!

Let me quickly rephrase my statement I made earlier. Yes, I want to make money off of youtube but in reality I NEED to make money off of youtube. My day job has me work long crazy hours and precludes me getting a second job somewhere else and circumstances will require me to get a second job soon. So, I used to make videos when I was younger and decided why not give the long shot a chance. I will say, I think I am making about $1.50/hour at this point...tops.

*Needing* to make money off of YouTube is one of the most surefire ways to ensure you won't.

Best to take the time and invest in getting a better day job, so you have the flexibility to pursue YouTube in the right way.

Well, without explaining my whole situation getting a new day job is kind of hard for me to do. Lots and lots of stuff going on. It was between YT, ebay, something I could do in my spare time.

BTW, you can do anything you put your mind to with enough effort..

Haha, at my pace, I couldn't live off of YouTube for another 3-4 years.
Well I was casually chillin on tha toilet when I noticed how many views and comments your hipster video got, I was like he deserves that and I laughed at so many occasions. You will get there sooner than expected man :)

That...doesn't make any sense at all in my opinion. If you love something, and I mean have loved it for years and years, you wouldn't just hate it when you start making money off of it, you would probably even love it more!

I don't think this is something you'll really understand until you're in that position. Depending on something you love financially *always* decreases your enjoyment in some form. It *can* be enough that the financial benefit outweighs things, but don't expect to enjoy things to the same degree.[DOUBLEPOST=1367873124,1367873027][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well I was casually chillin on tha toilet when I noticed how many views and comments your hipster video got, I was like he deserves that and I laughed at so many occasions. You will get there sooner than expected man :)

Haha, as far as my content goes, the hipster video is a bit of a flop. But we'll see how things go.

I don't think this is something you'll really understand until you're in that position. Depending on something you love financially *always* decreases your enjoyment in some form. It *can* be enough that the financial benefit outweighs things, but don't expect to enjoy things to the same degree.[DOUBLEPOST=1367873124,1367873027][/DOUBLEPOST]

Haha, as far as my content goes, the hipster video is a bit of a flop. But we'll see how things go.

Spoken like a true pimp :)

Spoken like a true pimp :)
Can I ask your opinion about this man :) do you lose enjoyment once you hit a large audience?[DOUBLEPOST=1367873286,1367873243][/DOUBLEPOST]

The part about random effects that take away from the story made me lose it, The Kev drones are just sexy guys!

Back