Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my second attempt at this thread as my previous was deleted as I haven't posted anything before that. Now I posted a bit so I decided to give it another go.

So I've been working on my YouTube channel for 3 and a half years now, yet I only have 117 subscribers after so long. 103 AFTER 3 AND A HALF YEARS! So something is clearly off. I asked many people before, and they seem to be confused by it too. For example, someone suggested to build a community by simply replying to every comment I get, but when I told him I never get any comments, and by never I literally mean never, he seemed super surprised. On top of that, most/all my subscribers are inactive as I only get around 12 views per video and around 1 comment a month! I pretty much read/watched every tutorial on how to grow out there, but none seem to match my situation, as most focus on your "first steps" while I've been working away on that channel for 3 and a half years now. I even livestream from time to time. On top of that, all my livestreams are being streamed to my YouTube and Twitch at the same time. But still nothing. After 3 and a half years. So any ideas?

@avrona

I've moved your thread to the review / feedback forum. :)

For future reference: - Please note that the review forum is the only forum where active YTtalk members can ask for feedback on their videos and channel (including artwork) at the rate of no more than 1 request per week. We like to keep this sort of thread out of the main forums. :) If the review request complies with the review forum rules (at the top of the review forum), then they get approved by a member of staff.

All threads in the main forums asking "how to grow?" or any variation of that get locked because that question has been asked and answered literally thousands of times and we don't need any more.

I just looked at your channel hoping that your channel-trailer would explain to me what your channel is about, but instead all I got was 2:43 of some kind of lame 360° looking game play. i don't know why or how it relates to your channel, but it was about 2:00 too long and it left me confused and still clueless about why I should want to subscribe to your channel.
My 14 year old son and I looked at a couple of videos and found the video quality very poor (sounded like you were in a coffee can and when you yelled/screamed it was over modulated and clipped). My son said he would not bother subscribing.

I just looked at your channel hoping that your channel-trailer would explain to me what your channel is about, but instead all I got was 2:43 of some kind of lame 360° looking game play. i don't know why or how it relates to your channel, but it was about 2:00 too long and it left me confused

It left you clueless because it's not a channel trailer, just one of my favourite videos on the channel.

So this is how it works:
  • Your channel is not doing as well as you'd like, so you come here and ask for help
  • We look at your channel and we tell you some of the reasons we think it may not be doing well
  • You read our feedback (and, this is the important part) take action on what you agree with and think may be helpful..
Coming back and defending everything on your channel or telling us why we are wrong does not improve your channel.
The idea here is to listen and incorporate changes that you agree may help, not to get defensive about every negative thing we say (which is what you asked us to do, remember?)

Your channel is not doing as well as you'd like, so you come here and ask for help
I know
We look at your channel and we tell you some of the reasons we think it may not be doing well
I know
You read our feedback (and, this is the important part) take action on what you agree with and think may be helpful..
And once again, I know. All pretty obvious stuff don't you think?
The idea here is to listen and incorporate changes that you agree may help
And once again, I know.

So this is how it works:
  • Your channel is not doing as well as you'd like, so you come here and ask for help
  • We look at your channel and we tell you some of the reasons we think it may not be doing well
  • You read our feedback (and, this is the important part) take action on what you agree with and think may be helpful..
Coming back and defending everything on your channel or telling us why we are wrong does not improve your channel.
The idea here is to listen and incorporate changes that you agree may help, not to get defensive about every negative thing we say (which is what you asked us to do, remember?)
You have good advice and used someone who is from the age range to be in the potential audience. It's be foolish not to follow your tips. But I've given up

I can give my channel's analytics if it helps anyone with this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back