What’s your setup?

BrettTaylorYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I was curious what you all use for your set up? (Camera, lights, mic, etc). I’ve already got a pretty good mic and camera set up (I use a RODE mic (also a Neewer NW-700 microphone for voice overs) and a Canon Rebel T5 as well as the Rebel T5i also my iPhone). But my main issue is lighting. I’m currently just using natural light, the overhead regular room light, and a desk lamp. The lighting looks alright in my videos but I still feel like it’s too dark and/or reflective. I was thinking of just purchasing a work light or two. Something cheap but also powerful. I’m not sure though what do you think? Also what do you use for lighting (and everything else)?

HiEnergy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
As I don't yet have a sufficient camera, all of my videos are merely screencasts. I use OBS for screencasting, Reaper for voiceover recording and processing (only few of my videos contain VO as my voice just sounds ugly). For video editing I use DaVinci Resolve 14 (limited version) and Vegas Pro 14.
My microphone is a cheap chinese SM57 knock-off, guess I'll buy a Rode NT1-A soon.
Not sure yet what kind of camera to buy...

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
For my gaming videos I use:
iPad Pro where I can easily record the gameplay with iOS screen recorder although you need to be careful because sometimes audio not be on sync
I have a cheap mic but I guess is doing the job, it's a TakStar. I saw a lot of reviews where people recommended this microphone.
I use Final Cut for editing and that's pretty much it.
So far, I'm doing faceless videos but in case I need to show my face I have al old Nikon camera that will do the job.

I highly recommend you buy a lightning setup for you videos, it's really cheap and it will make a huge difference.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the recording / editing / production / software / hardware forum. :)

MazaParaza

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Xbox Headset for Mic, Windows Movie Maker for Editing, and Paint for Thumbnails

Johnjackallen

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
About 10 days late here but I want to play too!

I use my samsung s9 for audio and video. Then I have a Zhuyun Smooth Q stabiliser for stabilising. Sony Movie studio 15 for editing, and paint.net for thumbnails!

Also VidIQ.

Looped Fruit

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
For my in car videos I use:

> Canon Eos M3
> Canon 18mm - 55mm lens
> Rode Videomic Pro
> Delkin suction cup mount

bobspez

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Recently switched from Nikon DSLR to Nikon Coolpix B700 so I can shoot in 4K. For mudic videos I use a Zoom R16 8 track recorder and a CAD C 195 condenser mic on a mic stand run through a TC Helicon Voicetone mic preamp. I use the mic for voice and run instruments direct into the Zoom. For editing I have the Adobe CS6 Suite with Adobe Premiere Pro for video and Adobe Audition for sound editing. The programs work together and Audition can edit sound from the Premier Pro video timeline.

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Oh boy thats a loaded question! but alright if your asking!

Video wise - I shoot on a Canon 650D DSLR typically with either my Sigma 10-20mm lens or my Sigma 50mm lens (They're my babies) though I only really tend to use it for the packaging shots these days (It does tend to get more of a work out on my short films)

...Oh! and I keep a gopro in my car with me just in case I decide to do a random movie vlog...it has yet to happen...but never say never!

Sound wise - I have 3 mic's a Zoom H-1 is my main microphone (Light, Compact, Cheap and high quality...I cant really ask for more) but I also have a Frosrite condensor mic which I use for the odd bit of ADR (And when I move to my new apartment soonish im hoping I can soundproof a section of one of the rooms and use it as my main mic going forward) and finally I have a RODE shotgun mic which I mount to my DSLR when im doing bits to camera (Again this is largely used for my short films more than my youtube content but its all good)

Lighting wise - I have two panel LED lights and two "Clip on" desk lamps that allow me to have a 4 light setup. it's far from perfect (I'd much prefer moodier lighting) but space is a bit of an issue at the minute so I kind of have to make do xD

Editing wise - I edit using Adobe Premier pro CS6 on an apple i-mac. I've been using PP since about 2009 having moved over from using FCP 7 (Which i'd been using since 2005) though in the past I've also dabbled with Sony vegas, Windows movie maker, Avid and Filmora...editing's kind of my thing xD

AustinCollings

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Just bought an older MacBook Pro about a week ago and so far I love it. I am currently trying to download Adobe Premiere on possibly the slowest WiFi I have ever experienced. But I may even try out Final Cut Pro in the near future.

For cameras I mainly use my GoPro Hero 3 Plus Silver for making my airsoft videos, and plan on upgrading to the Hero 5 Black in a few months. For other videos I use my iPhone 7 and a Canon EOS M with a Rode VideoMicro.