Welcome to the beginning of Paying for Videos.

I cant wait for this all to be readily accessible on anyones TV, I want my YouTube remote :D The thing I love about this is that it will be like Netflix and YouTube combined, they will make a fortune from their premium content and our videos will become much more accessible with them making better apps and ways to watch.

I'm a huge supporter of streaming/digital media. I do this on my xbox. Sure it's pricey but it stops me wasting money on random films I may not like, makes me more choosy :)

Good point about it possibly being available to the average Partner. But I have an inkling that YT would want full control over that to keep the wallet in their pocket, so to speak.
It's much easier to view things that you actually want to view and you get them on so many different platforms.

Yer I don't think youtube will make it for partners or normal users and I hope they don't because that would mean anyone could just start trying to charge people to be subscribed to their new channels. Which would then ruin their fans/subscriber base.

I cant wait for this all to be readily accessible on anyones TV, I want my YouTube remote :D The thing I love about this is that it will be like Netflix and YouTube combined, they will make a fortune from their premium content and our videos will become much more accessible with them making better apps and ways to watch.
I find youtubes film to be better then netflix sometimes because netflix don't really have any films from mid 2012 to now.. so you can't watch any recent films. Obviously this is because you only pay £5.99 a month but I still think they should try and get newer films and such :) It's like itunes renting but better :D

I'm all for this! Thanks for the links =)

The more traffic for YouTube, the better for the whole ecosphere!

It won't affect normal channels, just shows and movies and stuff.
Which I agree should have to pay to watch those.

I dont see a problem
Google is offering you to rent TV shows or Movies through youtube. Of course they will charge.
The thread title scared me a bit.

Oh don't worry, that's only going to be for actual TV shows and movies etc. No one in their right mind would charge their viewers to see their stuff, because they know they can make way more money without the fee.

YouTube is just trying to be more like netflix and hulu or whatever. This will (probably/hopefully) only affect channels that are owned by companies and post episodes of television shows.

If this does work... netflix and such will be in BIG trouble.

Agreed, There definitely could be a migration from Hulu and Netflix to YouTube, which would drive up views.

Back